Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you still write in cursive?  (Read 563 times)

fuwaf

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Can you still write in cursive?
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:13:11 PM »
I'm wondering about this because I have completely lost the ability to write in cursive except for my signature.  My hand screams in agony when faced with the daunting task of writing that unnecessarily long sentence about not cheating on standardized tests and it usually looks like a dying snail crawled across the page when I finally finish, 5 minutes after everyone else.  All that third grade education gone to pot...

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
Re: Can you still write in cursive?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »
never could
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

krumanadi

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 08:26:44 PM »
I'm wondering about this because I have completely lost the ability to write in cursive except for my signature.  My hand screams in agony when faced with the daunting task of writing that unnecessarily long sentence about not cheating on standardized tests and it usually looks like a dying snail crawled across the page when I finally finish, 5 minutes after everyone else.  All that third grade education gone to pot...

I had NO idea you had to do this for the LSAT and my hand was killing me.. Then I had to do all the bubbling in and it just got worse and worse.. It was still hurting like 2 minutes into the actual test, so no doubt it probably hurt me.. Stupid cursive..

To be fair tho, my version of cursive is doing the first letter, and then printing the rest of the word "connecting" the letters.. My hand just sucks at writing (barely do it anymore..)

SillyMia

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:32:52 PM »
Stopped writing in cursive in 3rd grade  :'(  That means that my cursive looks like a 3rd graders.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 09:32:49 PM »
if i concentrate

but who remembers the z?  or q or x?
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

SCgrad

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 06:22:57 AM »
I wrote in cursive until my school teachers told me to stop, due to their inability to read my chicken scratch.  stupid teachers.

SouthSide

• Sr. Citizen
  • Full speed ahead.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 06:56:11 AM »
Yeah, not only does my cursive suck, but I'm left-handed and so when I handwrite I drag my hand across what I just wrote. (Doesn't happen when I print)

Needless to say, that box on the LSAT ended up looking like one big grey smudge, like I had used my answer sheet as a filter for a coal-burning stove or something. Plus, my hand started marking up the rest of the answer sheet when I was doing the actual test, meaning I had to keep erasing and it looked awful when I turned it in. Sheer misery.

Columbia 2L.

reynolda

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - fashunista4ward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 08:08:35 AM »
if i concentrate

but who remembers the z?  or q or x?

:D  ok, the z I'll give you, it's crazy, but the q and x look basically just like they do in print :), for lower-case anyway.

http://www.upub.net/images/desk_card_c.gif    (not that I had to look that up to know this... erm... )  I was petrified of the cursive test on the LSAT too. 
i like complicated :)

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 08:13:11 AM »
I write in cursive when I take notes because it is way quicker for me...I dont know if its actually cursive but the letters are connected and most of the time Im the only one who can read it, so maybe its just my own language
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
I had NO idea you had to do this for the LSAT and my hand was killing me.. Then I had to do all the bubbling in and it just got worse and worse.. It was still hurting like 2 minutes into the actual test, so no doubt it probably hurt me.. Stupid cursive..

Me too!  I was easily the last one finished writing that stupid statement, and that seriously freaked me out - in the back of my mind I guess I was thinking "great, the test hasn't even started yet, and I'm already the dumbest person in the room".  That threw me off my game just enough that I think it cost me a few points.

Didn't really matter in the end I guess, but I wish I'd been aware of that going in!
Emory '09

LSN