Law School Discussion

your school is my top choice!!........(but not anymore)....

your school is my top choice!!........(but not anymore)....
« on: April 30, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
A few months ago, I sent a letter of continued interest to one of the schools (rather not mention names) and specifically stated that the school is my first choice and I will surely attend if given an offer.  That was two months ago.  Now, it's been five months since my app has been complete.  I'm really disappointed that they are so slow with the process, and the curt responses I got from their admissions office have really turned me off.  I'm not sure whether I want to go there anymore.

i'd feel bad if i decide not to attend after they offer me a seat, but what can i do?  if i go elsewhere, will that lable me as a liar and bite me in the ass later on?

i'd appreciate any comments.

Towlie

Re: your school is my top choice!!........(but not anymore)....
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:55:55 PM »
A few months ago, I sent a letter of continued interest to one of the schools (rather not mention names) and specifically stated that the school is my first choice and I will surely attend if given an offer.  That was two months ago.  Now, it's been five months since my app has been complete.  I'm really disappointed that they are so slow with the process, and the curt responses I got from their admissions office have really turned me off.  I'm not sure whether I want to go there anymore.

i'd feel bad if i decide not to attend after they offer me a seat, but what can i do?  if i go elsewhere, will that lable me as a liar and bite me in the ass later on?

I think I told all 16 schools I applied to that they were my top choice. Well, I found a unique aspect of their school and said something like "..this makes XXX Law School the best place for me."  You won't get in trouble, don't worry. Besides, things change! What was my favorite school at the beginning of the cycle is not everybody's favorite at the end.

Re: your school is my top choice!!........(but not anymore)....
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 11:44:57 PM »

I think I told all 16 schools I applied to that they were my top choice. Well, I found a unique aspect of their school and said something like "..this makes XXX Law School the best place for me."  You won't get in trouble, don't worry. Besides, things change! What was my favorite school at the beginning of the cycle is not everybody's favorite at the end.

OK, that relieves me.  Thanks a lot, I'll stop worrying about it now. ;D