Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: No posting today  (Read 902 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
No posting today
« on: August 08, 2004, 05:42:22 PM »
We're making a long needed server move beginning today (Sunday).  I've already suffered through hours of technical headaches to make this happen, and the rest of the move should be easy.

We have to do three things to move.  (1) Pack (2) Move (3) Unpack.  We're doing step 1 today, packing up all the boards.  When things are packed, you can't use them.  Anything you post on the board after things are packed won't make it to the new server, so I'm going to disable the ability to post for a while - possibly as long as the rest of the day.  I'll do the pre-law board first, so you can post over at the students and graduates board for a little longer.

Sorry for the trouble, but at least I waited until Sunday to work on this (Sunday is the least popular day for LSD).

Stay tuned for updates and a brand new server which shouldn't crash as much.

gooooooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.67, OCT. 2
    • View Profile
Re: No posting today
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:53:57 PM »
Is this new server gonna be faster?  The last one was slower than a snail in bbq sauce.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 07:14:47 PM »
It should be faster, but we'll have to see.  I'm getting a month to month contract so if it's not better we can find something else.

People I TOLD YOU - NO POSTING.  I thought I disabled your ability to post - guess it didn't work.  Seriously, don't expect anything you posted after 5:42 Eastern to remain on the board.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 02:14:40 AM »
The no posting rule is going to be extended to Monday.  Moving the database is proving to be a real pain, and it's not going to get done tonight (Sunday night).  The board might be read-only all day Monday.  Keep checking back for announcements.

In any case, you should have plenty to read.  The reason this is taking so long is because there are 70,000 messages.  Surely there's something in there you haven't read!  Feel free to begin drafting witty posts for the first day on the new server, which might be as late as Tuesday at the rate this is going.