Law School Discussion

yet another moment of indecision

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
Re: yet another moment of indecision
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:40 AM »
was accepted at 2 schools, FSU and WNEC, withdrew from WNEC.  visited FSU last week, it's unfamiliar...the south is like its own country!  i mean, ive been there before, my mom lives in FL, but im just nervous.  law school itself is a huge adjustment, add moving far away to someplace so different and it turns into even more stress potential.  but its an adventure...i dunno, im so back and forth on this.

It's risky taking the lsat again in hopes of getting a higher score and if you do, they may average all of your scores together unless you get a significant increase, like a 170.  If you think you can pull it off, go for it.  You will also need to write another essay that is even stronger than the last and after all of that, there still is no guarantee you will get into one of the Boston Schools.  

Personally, I would go to Florida State, try to kick ass 1L and attempt to transfer.  

ivywhore

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »
not true. as shallow as adcoms are 2 pts would make a difference.

SplitFinger

• I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 11:03:11 AM »
I'd just go to FSU.  After the first winter you'll never want to go back.

drama gal

• D-Jet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2006, 11:06:17 AM »
not true. as shallow as adcoms are 2 pts would make a difference.

If the Ops was waitlisted at one of the Boston Schools she was vying for, I would tend to agree that perhaps 2 points would make a difference.  However, reapplying after getting rejected to getting accepted I think is more difficult and I would think her app needs alot more than a mere 2 points added to her lsat.  

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2006, 11:09:32 AM »
no, no free rent...everything's a lot cheaper down there, especially the instate tuition after first year.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2006, 11:11:18 AM »
Shell, if this wasn't your second cycle I would say go for it. But, seeing as how this is your second time around, I don't know if a third time would make sense. I mean really, if you had started restudying for the LSAT in like Jan. and were taking the June test, it might. But really, what will you do? Start studying now and take it in Oct? That could work, sure. But even then, how much better do you think you can do? And even with a way better score, do you think that will change the schools minds enough a third time around? I don't know, but if I were you I would just get started on law school ASAP, go to FSU and make the best of it. Like you said, maybe staying in Boston isn't meant to be.

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2006, 11:15:29 AM »
agreed duck...like i said, im just nervous.  there's no way to know for sure if i'll be happy, there's no real way to be certain of anything, im just venting my doubts and insecurities and trying to reassure myself a bit i guess.

ivywhore

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2006, 11:17:48 AM »
in state is a good thing. are they t3 or t4?

*shell*

• FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »
t2 actually

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2006, 11:24:56 AM »
agreed duck...like i said, im just nervous.  there's no way to know for sure if i'll be happy, there's no real way to be certain of anything, im just venting my doubts and insecurities and trying to reassure myself a bit i guess.

well, you will never know unless you try. Heck, it is a decent T2 school in a good location, is WAY cheaper than anything up here, and will be a good change. If you don't like it you can always transfer. There is a story about a girl from my undergrad who graduated a few years back, applies to law school every year (prolly like 3-4 times already at least) gets into a bunch of good schools like BU/BC etc every time, but doesn't attend and instead applies the next cycle ONLY because she is holding out for Harvard. Don't be like that girl. :)