Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Did you/will you walk at your college graduation?

Yes I did/will
No I didn't/don't plan to

Author Topic: Did you/will you walk at your college graduation?  (Read 1547 times)

john83

Re: Did you/will you walk at your college graduation?
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 03:10:12 PM »
i think i'm going to start asking you if you've made a thread before i start a new one.

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 03:18:05 PM »
I liked my graduation ceremony...but there were less than 400 of us so it was nice

My favorite professor (who I was always a little intimidated by) gave me a big hug when we walked down the line.  And our speaker was a winner of a MacArther grant who didn't graduate from hs or go to college...so he was SO excited to get an honorary degree.  It was great.

The only think that made me sad was that they screwed up the program...I graduated summa cum laude, but they gave my little stars in the program to this other girl who has the same name as me (but spelled slightly differently).

I worked hard for those little stars  >:(  I know it doesn't matter in the long run...but it pissed me off.  Also, all of my friends asked me what class I failed to screw up my GPA.

Someone should die!  Err, be fired.  Yes, that's what I said.  Be fired.

I'm walking on Sunday but graduating in August, so I probably won't get the right stars/whatever in the program...too many unfinished classes that I could theoretically fail.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

Horsley54

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ole Miss Bound
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Horsley54
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 04:12:34 PM »
I could think of about a million things i would rather be doing with that 4 hours of my life.  I actually ended up bartending that night, and made $50 worth of tips at a private party.  Not too bad for the first night.
UAB Undergrad 06
Ole Miss SOL Class of 09