Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Netflix!  (Read 2800 times)

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ianny1982
    • View Profile
Netflix!
« on: April 28, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »
Tell us what you just watched and what's next up on your queue.
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   
Bring It On Home: Northeastern(WL), Chicago-Loyola(WL),  Brooklyn
Heartbreaker: Georgetown, George Washington, American

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 03:54:19 PM »
I just sent back Howard Zinn: You Can't Be Neutral On A Moving Train. I give it an A+, we need more people like him out there. Next up I've got "Lost in La Mancha." Not sure what to expect, but I haven't been disapointed by Mr. Depp yet.
Whole Lotta Love: Pittsburgh ($), Syracuse ($$), Case Western, Depaul, New York Law ($$), Penn State ($$), Chicago-Kent   

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:59:23 PM »
Just sent back "Rent"

Will be getting next: Robot Chicken

(I don't have cable, so I rent stuff that's on cable that I am interested in)

aerynn

• Sr. Citizen
  • Wait, what?
    • View Profile
    • http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 04:01:44 PM »
4th season of 6 Feet Under and "The Constant Gardener."  Both were great, although in very different ways.

I have no clue what is next; I'm not in charge of the NetFlix at my house.  I am like a villager waiting to see what the gods send me next. :-P
Here's how it went for me for Fall 2006 admission:
168/3.67
In: Emory($$), UGA ($), W&M ($$), GW($)
Waitlisted:American(W), UVA (W)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=aerynn

Nemesis

• LSD Obsessed
  • The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 04:03:12 PM »
netflix is evil.  cancel your subscription.... >:(

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2005/11/consumer_to_pay.html

If you rent too many movies they start shipping your dvd's across the country to make the turnaround time slower....

I noticed my turnaround dropped of significantly all of a sudden... checked the postmark, my dvds were being shipped to/from San Diego.  I like in Jersey.  Apparently, part of the contract stipulates that if you get "flagged" as a heavy user, they can take measures to delay your shipping.  

Anyway, be warned... dont rent too many movies... netflix doesn't appreciate if you take advantage of the "unlimited" rentals they claim to offer.

That's brilliant...
Who's your Daddy now?

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 04:07:49 PM »
netflix is evil.  cancel your subscription.... >:(

If you rent too many movies they start shipping your dvd's across the country to make the turnaround time slower....

I noticed my turnaround dropped of significantly all of a sudden... checked the postmark, my dvds were being shipped to/from San Diego.  I like in Jersey.  Apparently, part of the contract stipulates that if you get "flagged" as a heavy user, they can take measures to delay your shipping. 

Anyway, be warned... dont rent too many movies... netflix doesn't appreciate if you take advantage of the "unlimited" rentals they claim to offer.

I wondered about that...when I lived in Dallas there was a shipping center in Dallas...I never seemed to have a problem getting my DVDs though, and I would "watch" them the day I got them and sent the all back the very next day
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

ZinnMaster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2006, 04:15:47 PM »
netflix is evil.  cancel your subscription.... >:(

I noticed my turnaround dropped of significantly all of a sudden... checked the postmark, my dvds were being shipped to/from San Diego.  I like in Jersey.  Apparently, part of the contract stipulates that if you get "flagged" as a heavy user, they can take measures to delay your shipping. 

I agree, but what to do? I don't have cable and I can't afford to rent a bunch of movies. Do you have an alternative site that you use, blockbuster or something?

Cree83

• Sr. Citizen
  • henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 04:20:35 PM »
i have a dvd buying problem so i need less exposure to dvds, not more.  if i rent a dvd, and like it, i will most definitely buy it.  so now i avoid renting them.
She said "love, love, love is all that matters"
I said "sure, I guess, whatever"
She said "what does that mean"
I said "nothin, it's just good to have a backup plan"

magnumalv

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 04:45:22 PM »
sent back: A Better Tomorrow, Memoirs of a Geisha, Moonlighting: Season 3

getting: Fun with male private part & Jane, The Towering Inferno, Cheech and Chong's Up in Smoke

magnumalv

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »
 :D :D