Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would you dare use a High school teacher?  (Read 931 times)

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
Would you dare use a High school teacher?
« on: August 08, 2004, 04:07:14 AM »
The reason I ask is because I am having a little difficulty with my College profs to return my email or calls.  However, even though it's 22 years later, I still have kept in contact with some of my H.S. Teachers.  The one I had in mind was also the Head Football coach, and to totally toot my own horn, I was voted MVP.  Too long ago?  Totally lame? Anybody do it?

To answer your next question, I did not play College ball, because I was not big enough, strong enough and not nearly fast enough.

I can also go with with a Catholic priest who was a H.S. teacher, but i am afraid religion could be a problem, except for schools like Notre Dame who wouldn't touch me with a ten foot pole.   Comments?
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Would you dare use a High school teacher?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 08:06:42 AM »
Way too old.  Who you were in high school should not be who you are today.  They suggest that kids coming right out of undergrad should NOT use hs recommendations, and I"m sure that advice would probably go double for you, since you've been out of school so long.

*The only way I think this advice could be ignored is if you've maintained a presence in your high school by volunteering or coaching or something, and have had continual contact (or near continual) with the person writing.  This person will have known you for x number of years, and hopefully could attest to how you've developed over the last couple of decades.  But most people don't work/volunteer at their hs, so most people shouldn't do it!