fuwaf

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« on: April 27, 2006, 04:30:04 PM »

half-jew half-goy

Re: I love being jerked around
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »
February 23rd:

"Your application to The University of Alabama School of Law has been reviewed, but no decision has been made – to either grant or deny admission.  Instead, your file has been put on “hold,” to be reviewed again.  A final decision on your application should be made by the end of April 2006. "

Today:

"Your application to The University of Alabama School of Law again has been reviewed, but no decision has been made – to either grant or deny admission.  Your file will remain on “hold,” to be reviewed again in the next few weeks.  A final decision on your application should be made by the end of May 2006."

>:( >:( >:(

Hmmm, do you think maybe UA is kinda on the fence about me?  The end of May will only mark 5 months since my app has been complete.

This doesn't really belong on the off-topic board but I had to share my rage.  Props, the future isn't looking so hot for us at Bama next year...

Have you sent a letter of continued interest because uga did the same thing to me and I sent them one and I got in and got a scholarship.

john83

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 05:26:30 PM »
This doesn't really belong on the off-topic board but I had to share my rage.  Props, the future isn't looking so hot for us at Bama next year...

i'm sorry, melanie. i really want you to get in!

call them. send an email to claude. if you really want to go there, let them know.

i think they are on the fence about you. i think what this means is that they think they might want you, but they're checking deposits and such. it's odd that they haven't waitlisted you, instead choosing to defer you. i think that means that you're likely to get in, it just may not be for a few more weeks. just in case all the 170+ people they admitted make a run on the school and all choose to come (which won't happen).

john83

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 05:31:55 PM »

call them. send an email to claude. if you really want to go there, let them know.

i think they are on the fence about you. i think what this means is that they think they might want you, but they're checking deposits and such. it's odd that they haven't waitlisted you, instead choosing to defer you. i think that means that you're likely to get in, it just may not be for a few more weeks. just in case all the 170+ people they admitted make a run on the school and all choose to come (which won't happen).

I'll probably go visit first, then write a letter if I really like it.  My dad is reportedly getting freaked out about me possibly not going next year.  This is really funny to me because he is offering me $$ to go somewhere... anywhere.  :D 

when are you going? i'm going back next weekend.

john83

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 05:35:07 PM »

I'll probably go visit first, then write a letter if I really like it.  My dad is reportedly getting freaked out about me possibly not going next year.  This is really funny to me because he is offering me $$ to go somewhere... anywhere.  :D 

when are you going? i'm going back next weekend.

I don't know yet.  I can't go the weekend of the 6th/7th b/c my friend is visiting and we're going to a wine festival.  Then I guess it's graduation the next weekend.  I have to check the calendar since my office likes to glue me to the office if anyone else leaves for more than 5 minutes, so it might depend on other people having time off.

i'll ask them about you. ;)

john83

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 05:36:33 PM »
It pays to have friends in high places.   ;)

i'm certainly in no high place. but i'll threaten to withdraw if they don't let you in.

threats are good.

john83

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 05:38:08 PM »
It pays to have friends in high places.   ;)

i'm certainly in no high place. but i'll threaten to withdraw if they don't let you in.

threats are good.

And considering how bad they seem to want you, it just might work! :D

i have connections with some of the other asians attending this fall. i will attempt to organize a coup. i know they're desperate for us.

cyberrev

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 05:39:58 PM »

I don't know yet.  I can't go the weekend of the 6th/7th b/c my friend is visiting and we're going to a wine festival. 

save your money and go to all the whine festivals on here.

sorry bout bama.  fuckers.