Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long?  (Read 880 times)

mira_j

• View Profile
How long?
« on: January 25, 2004, 01:40:44 PM »
Hi,
I sent all my applications just last week (finally!!!), and all of them are on-line applications. I checked my file on the LSAC website, and it says that my applications were sent, and then it says something about paper copies. And then no requests for reports...I was wondering-how long does it take for law schools to
request reports?What is considered a complete application-the one that I sent (incl. resume, pers.statement, explanations etc.) plus the reports and the requested LORs???Because if that is the case,I don't think that 2 of  my applications will make it for Feb.1 deadline.... :'( :'( :'(
Mira

Shell

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How long?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2004, 07:31:37 PM »
In regard to requesting reports, it all depends on the schools.  I applied to six schools between January 9 and January 14, and four of the schools have requested and received my reports so far.  They requested my reports three or four days after I sent in my applications.

For most schools, their deadline is the day by which your application has to be mailed.  So, if the school has received your application but not some of the other materials, you should be fine. 

bobfett33

Re: How long?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 11:40:47 PM »
Don't worry if the schools haven't requested your report yet.  I've applied to 6 schools via LSACD on the Web, on the following dates: 1/6, 1/10, 1/14, 1/19, 1/20, 1/26 - to date, only the second and third have requested.  The fact that the latter applications haven't been requested isn't unusual because it's been less than a week - these schools have already received thousands of applications and are doing their best to get through them. 

And, the fact that my first application hasn't been requested is a bit unusual, but it probably means that the school (American) hasn't even started reviewing files.  Or if they have, they haven't started a new batch since December.