Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Waitlist  (Read 3475 times)

aggieJD

Re: Vanderbilt Waitlist
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:59 PM »
Ya, I agree. I was really interested in going to Vanderbilt, and I am still am, but as more time goes by I feel more and more like I just want to know where I am going so that I can look for housing and prepare to move. Hopefully we start hearing something soon.

XelaWho

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »
If you are feeling less enthusiastic about the waitlist, why don't you pull your name off the list?   :)

Just kidding...and sorry for the pointless bump.

john83

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 04:47:06 PM »
that was clever. i like your way of thinking.

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 05:05:13 PM »
why doesn't UCLA have a waitlist coordinator?

katedennis

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 07:09:03 PM »
wow, they still haven't gone through all of the regular applications?  is it just me or do they seem painfully unorganized and slow? 

YES.  I had to call and pester them about 5 times in order to get my fee waiver, which I then found out I couldn't use with the LSAC online app, so then I had to call a few more times to get a paper application, which then took nearly 2 months to get to me (the first one apparently got "lost in the mail"), with my name spelled incorrectly on the address label, by which time I had decided...forget you, Vandy. 
Univeristy of Michigan Law School Class of 2009

my lsn!

aggieJD

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 08:54:42 PM »
If you are feeling less enthusiastic about the waitlist, why don't you pull your name off the list?   :)

Just kidding...and sorry for the pointless bump.

Really, is there anyone who is enthusiastic about being on a waitlist? I don't think stating that I am getting tired of being in limbo says anything about my desire to attend Vandy. It is just that I have given my boss about three different dates as to when I am leaving and I would like to finalize my plans.

tinytim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 11:19:57 AM »
I am yet to see any signs of Vanderbilt going to their waitlist. Has anyone heard anything? Any thoughts about whether they will end up drawing from the waitlist?

I know in past posts people have been pretty set on the fact that they are going to have to rely on their waitlist quite heavily this cycle. Were we all wrong or are they just really slow?

john83

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 11:20:37 AM »
as i posted earlier, they said not til late may, early june.

tinytim

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 11:22:01 AM »
as i posted earlier, they said not til late may, early june.

Aren't they worried that they will lose some of their high caliber students on the waitlist? The overall sentiment I am getting is some of the high number waitlisters are disgusted by the lack of respect they have been getting from Vandy and they are losing interest.

john83

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 11:23:06 AM »
i always thought it was normal for schools to wait til late may/early june to look into the waitlist. only one of my three waitlists have been active. so, i don't think they're doing anything out of the ordinary.