Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Vanderbilt Waitlist  (Read 3465 times)

aggieJD

Vanderbilt Waitlist
« on: April 27, 2006, 12:57:20 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about when Vanderbilt will be going to their Waitlist? Their deposit deadline was March 15. LSN shows over 100 people who have withdrawn their applications out of the 150 who were accepted.

john83

Re: Vanderbilt Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 12:57:56 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about when Vanderbilt will be going to their Waitlist? Their deposit deadline was March 15. LSN shows over 100 people who have withdrawn their applications out of the 150 who were accepted.

you could call and ask.

aggieJD

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
Ya, I probbably could call. But, I hate bugging the admissions office. Has anyone gotten off the waitlist this cycle yet?

john83

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:05:54 PM »
i think that last year people began to get calls around the end of april, early march.

IMustBCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 01:16:18 PM »
I called them on Monday (4/24) and they said that they were going to start looking at the WL soon and to maybe call back in a couple weeks.

buju

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 01:28:23 PM »
Not sure when they're going to the waitlist, but 2 weeks ago they told me that initial decisions would be going out through the end of May. 

Felsen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »

I had a normal acceptance, and the deposit deadline they gave me was April 15ish, not March.  If Vanderbilt uses the postmark date, instead of receipt date, then they might still have been receiving decisions through Monday of this week.  Mid-End of May sounds like a reasonable time for them to have accepted their first round of waitlisters.

Jaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am a victim of the Science Age.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 04:39:25 PM »
Still waiting on the initial decision. >:(
God, Country, Notre Dame

Sooner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 04:44:45 PM »
That school is going to have MAD WL action this year. They are second runner up for a large portion of those big # applicants they thought they were getting their hands on. Talk about being ambitious...

Who knows? They may even offer $ to people accepted from the WL. 
The University of Chicago
The Law School

Cpac

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 04:49:35 PM »
Still waiting on the initial decision. >:(

Me too. But at this point it doesn't matter because I probably won't change my plan to go to BU.