Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Your pracitce score versus your "final score"  (Read 1876 times)

lawguy

Re: Your pracitce score versus your "final score"
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2004, 06:36:25 PM »
Dang yeah that was pretty much my secret weapon too!  I guess it ain't so secret.

lexylit

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 04:29:49 PM »
i only went up 2 points, 166 to 168. practiced plenty and most of my practice tests were in the 170s, with a 179 on one. c'est la vie. up 2 is better than down 2

The ZAPINATOR

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - N/A
    • AOL Instant Messenger - N/A
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - N/A
    • View Profile
    • N/A
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 04:56:58 PM »
edit

Ginatio

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 05:03:56 PM »
I was between a 168 and a 173 on all 6 of the "Actual, Official LSAT PrepTests" I took. I also took a single, fake Kaplan LSAT test and got a 162 on it. At that point I realized the fake ones were bull and full of ambiguities that have been weeded out of the official preptests over time.

my 171 on the actual test fell right in the middle of what I was averaging.

buster

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 05:05:48 PM »
I got a 165 on my first practice test and ranged from 169-180 on the rest, probably averaging around 174.

scurred1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 06:24:27 PM »
154 on first practice. I'm at 164-166 now and I think that's all I've got. I've been studying for months and I'm about to give up. I hate this stupid test.

akwolf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2004, 06:42:01 PM »
Before I took my first LSAT, my practice tests ranged betwenn 161 - 168, and I wrote a 155 on the actual (all practice tests were timed). Before the second LSAT, I took many more practice tests, which ranged between 160 - 164, and I wrote a 163 on the actual. I don't have a good explanation for why the first LSAT was below my practice range. I may have been just too nervous. By the time I took the second LSAT, I was so familiar with the LSAT that I wasn't even tired when I finished. The approach of not taking timed tests, at first, sounds like good advice. I took all my practice test timed and never significantly improved my score. If I were able to go back in time and prepare differently, I would try to get every question correct without worrying about time, at first; then, I would work on timing.

egg

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2004, 07:52:34 PM »
One year isn't too long to prepare for the LSAT- I've been training for it since I was three. Net result:

168 initial-->168 actual

(actually, one year may be too long to stress about it, if you are. Just try to pace your practice so that you don't run out of preptests- I was a little impatient/apprehensive and blew through the last of mine with a week or two to spare... bad strategy)

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2004, 10:40:34 PM »
159 first practice to a 164 average practice high of 168. All timed...Real LSAT 159 Three months of work for nothing. I am sure you will do better though. I honestly think that I overprepped and put too much pressure on myself during the real test.
South Texas College of Law here I come!

Ninja

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 12:53:49 AM »
I averaged 167 on my practice tests and got a 172 on the real one.  I used temporal expansion meditation during the test to slow down the world around me.  It seemed like I had half an hour per question and made the test really really long.