Law School Discussion

Why is UCLA undergrad consistently the most applied to school in the nation?

SwEep

• View Profile
2007 - 55,000 freshman students (not including transfers) across the nation applied, and only 4,500 freshmen were offered admission. Nearly 19,000 of the applicants had GPA over 4.0.
http://newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/ucla-again-tops-the-nation-in-43872.aspx

But why? is it the location? the UCLA branding? low cost tuition? i doubt it's because it's easy to get into...

A more appropriate question would be "Why do you start the most irrelevant, idiotic threads?"

Is there a contest or something?  Why would law applicants care about undergraduate statistics?

What a goof.

SwEep

• View Profile
A more appropriate question would be "Why do you start the most irrelevant, idiotic threads?"

Is there a contest or something?  Why would law applicants care about undergraduate statistics?

What a goof.

hence called,

"General Off-Topic Board"

Sweep is still a moron, no matter how you slice him.

UCLA undergrad gets so many apps because

1. In California, there is one form to fill out to apply to all of the Cal public schools.  So it's convenient.
2. LA is a huge appeal for thousands of out of state applicants.

That being said, for out of state admissions.  UCLA is damn hard to get into.  I know 3 people who were not admitted.  They ended up at Cornell, Penn, and Stanford.  No joke.

The bolded is only partially correct.  There is one application for the University of California system, but we have two public four-year college systems (Cal State Us use a different app).

Location is awesome, we have a reputation for athletic and academic excellence (which is good for well-rounded people), and great reputation not just in state, but also nationally and internationally.  UCLA has been the most applied to school in the country for UG for 10 consecutive years, I believe.  Besides the desirable factors, California just has an assload of students who apply for college, so UCLA will by necessity get an assload of apps.

casper13

• Oh I just love her. dont you
    • View Profile
The bolded is only partially correct.  There is one application for the University of California system, but we have two public four-year college systems (Cal State Us use a different app).

Location is awesome, we have a reputation for athletic and academic excellence (which is good for well-rounded people), and great reputation not just in state, but also nationally and internationally.  UCLA has been the most applied to school in the country for UG for 10 consecutive years, I believe.  Besides the desirable factors, California just has an assload of students who apply for college, so UCLA will by necessity get an assload of apps.

You also forgot one very very important factor, its in your avatar, UCLA Girls Rock, well girls in Cali period also rock but for some reason the girls in that little Westwood area are smoking.

TimMitchell

What a goof.

Dear LSD,

Please add an ignore option

bloomlaw

• Welcome to the Monkey House
    • View Profile
    • Email

What a goof.

Dear LSD,

Please add an ignore option

TITCR