Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC  (Read 11607 times)

EscapingWisco

• View Profile
Re: USC
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2006, 12:49:48 PM »
This is tough because USC was originally my first choice but now I'm starting to think I'd go somewhere else even if I got in.  That just could be the frustration talking.
I've been thinking that too.  Even my parents are saying, "If this is how they run their admissions process, is this how they run the whole school?"  They could be right, or maybe the admissions committee is just having a rough year.  Either way, they should send something out to let people know what is going on and when they hope to make decisions.

Obviously my numbers weren't strong enough to get me accepted in the "first round," but now I am starting to feel like a mere annoyance to them, while other schools are going out of their ways to get me to attend.  I don't know if I want to pay USC $100,000 to treat me like I should be honored to sit quietly and put my life on hold for them.  Okay, rant over ;)

I bet the nice lady who works in admissions has said, "Your file is with the committee" so many times that it is now etched in her brain for eternity. 

cob

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »
This is tough because USC was originally my first choice but now I'm starting to think I'd go somewhere else even if I got in.  That just could be the frustration talking.
I've been thinking that too.  Even my parents are saying, "If this is how they run their admissions process, is this how they run the whole school?"  They could be right, or maybe the admissions committee is just having a rough year.  Either way, they should send something out to let people know what is going on and when they hope to make decisions.

Obviously my numbers weren't strong enough to get me accepted in the "first round," but now I am starting to feel like a mere annoyance to them, while other schools are going out of their ways to get me to attend.  I don't know if I want to pay USC $100,000 to treat me like I should be honored to sit quietly and put my life on hold for them.  Okay, rant over ;)

I bet the nice lady who works in admissions has said, "Your file is with the committee" so many times that it is now etched in her brain for eternity. 

That's how I feel.

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »
Honestly, I am pretty easy and I was wholly unimpressed by one of their tour dates. The admissions staff did not seem very knowledgable about things like health insurance or housing, and mommy and daddy were paying my tour guide's way through school..

curioushuang

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
yet anyone of us would go there in a heartbeat...

whatsthedeal

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2006, 08:59:54 PM »
I'm thinking of starting a support group...

whatsthedeal

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2006, 01:33:21 PM »
I guess nothing this week.  My deadline is May 19th, the day my GW Law deposit is due. After that, then I'm withdrawing (for real this time).

EscapingWisco

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »
I just withdrew...(in my brain, anyway).  They are treating us like crap during this process. It is getting out of hand.

jballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2006, 02:52:45 AM »
withdrew in your brain? Hahah that's a new one. 

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2006, 03:02:12 AM »
I just withdrew...(in my brain, anyway).  They are treating us like crap during this process. It is getting out of hand.

if you're talking about adcoms, i agree.

cob

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.54/167
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2006, 11:26:23 AM »
yet anyone of us would go there in a heartbeat...

Not anymore.