Law School Discussion

laptop

joe_q

Re: laptop
« Reply #530 on: July 11, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
dayam.  that is baller.  i got an x60s 17044JU, but i had a hard time passing up the t60.  your solution is indeed one of good times.

« Reply #531 on: July 11, 2006, 06:57:24 PM »
I'm writing this on my new x60s and I am in love with it! The keyboard is as good as everyone says, the screen is the perfect size, and the trackpoint is sooo easy to get used to.  I also got a tiny travel mouse to go with it too, so if you hate the trackpoint its an easy fix. I couldn't be happier with my decision!

law123

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 12, 2006, 10:05:15 PM »
Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a reliable external hard drive?

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25:41 PM »

read the last few pages of this thread.

« Reply #534 on: July 13, 2006, 08:20:45 AM »

Check fatwallet.com often.  With deals and price matching, you can often get a good sized one for just $25-50.

crazy8

« Reply #535 on: July 13, 2006, 08:24:02 AM »
I'm writing this on my new x60s and I am in love with it! The keyboard is as good as everyone says, the screen is the perfect size, and the trackpoint is sooo easy to get used to.  I also got a tiny travel mouse to go with it too, so if you hate the trackpoint its an easy fix. I couldn't be happier with my decision!

How big is your screen?  Do you mind saying how much you paid for it?

« Reply #536 on: July 13, 2006, 08:31:01 AM »
The screen is the 12 inch one and I love it.  Its small, but there is plenty of room for me.

I paid $1600 for the computer (1GB of memory, 80GB hard drive (or maybe its the other way around, I don't know computers) x6 ultrabase with the dvd/cd rw, 8 cell battery) Harvard has great deals with IBMs though, I think the system should have been like $2800 or something.

I'd say its worth it though.  The thing is sooo light and tiny, I can just put it in my tote bag and carry it to class.

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 13, 2006, 09:00:31 AM »
The screen is the 12 inch one and I love it.  Its small, but there is plenty of room for me.

I paid $1600 for the computer (1GB of memory, 80GB hard drive (or maybe its the other way around, I don't know computers) x6 ultrabase with the dvd/cd rw, 8 cell battery) Harvard has great deals with IBMs though, I think the system should have been like $2800 or something.

I'd say its worth it though.  The thing is sooo light and tiny, I can just put it in my tote bag and carry it to class.

Damn Harvard and its discounts!  Lol.  I'm just jealous.  Uber-jealous.

Typhoon Longwang

• I have the power to stop an LSAT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 13, 2006, 09:09:56 AM »

Alumni of Harvard can also receive the same discount, so if you attended for undergrad or something else...

crazy8

« Reply #539 on: July 13, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »

Alumni of Harvard can also receive the same discount, so if you attended for undergrad or something else...

Sweet!  Thanks for the info!