Law School Discussion

laptop

Strong

Re: laptop
« Reply #550 on: July 13, 2006, 10:24:07 PM »
Also...probably will need XP Pro for school.

XP Pro is a must if you don't want to have possible issue with your schools network(s).

I however decided not to pay $150 for it on my new dell and use my schools free upgrade instead.

whoisjohngalt

• "I go to Cornell... ever heard of it?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2006, 09:39:27 AM »
Woohoo!  I just ordered my laptop!  Newegg has sick deals on the Toshiba R200 series.

Link?

How much was it?

« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2006, 09:58:27 AM »
anyone see any other laptops similiar to this hp model in which there is a numeric key on the right side...anyone have any ideas about this model? also is having the numeric key overrated ?

http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_series.do?series_name=dv8000_series&catLevel=2&category=notebooks/hp_pavilion&storeName=computer_store

whoisjohngalt

• View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 14, 2006, 10:26:09 AM »
I am considering a Thinkpad T43.  When I really think about it, I don't NEED the Core Duo, and it seems like the T43 can be had for a bargain.  Any opinions?

OingoBoingo

• Simply the best band from the 80's
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 14, 2006, 10:56:53 AM »
I am considering a Thinkpad T43.  When I really think about it, I don't NEED the Core Duo, and it seems like the T43 can be had for a bargain.  Any opinions?

Freak, do it. If you really do not have a need for the latest and greatest, why not take the opportunity to save a few sheckels? It is not like you are buying a sub-par brand name to do this.

Oingo

whoisjohngalt

• View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 14, 2006, 12:35:11 PM »
Woohoo!  I just ordered my laptop!  Newegg has sick deals on the Toshiba R200 series.

Link?

How much was it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834114205

Plus, since it's newegg, it came today.   :D

Let us know how you like it.

The only thing I'd be hesitant about is the 4200RPM hard drive, otherwise looks solid.

« Reply #556 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »
I just received my dell e1505 that I got an awesome deal on after following some coupon leads posted on this site. I loaded it up with extras to where it was well over 1000 and then used the 30% off coupon. I still also received the free upgrade to 1gb of RAM and free shipping as well.

I used the coupon from dealnews that someone posted here a while back. Initially is wouldn't work and I actually cancelled my order and resubmitted as it started working again.

M DOT

« Reply #557 on: July 14, 2006, 01:21:58 PM »
i asked this before and seeing this will ask again, if i'm only using my notebook for school and possibly dowbloading music hear and there is a duo core necessary and would someone like myself notice the difference??

Freak, do it. If you really do not have a need for the latest and greatest, why not take the opportunity to save a few sheckels? It is not like you are buying a sub-par brand name to do this.

Oingo

whoisjohngalt

• View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 14, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »
i asked this before and seeing this will ask again, if i'm only using my notebook for school and possibly dowbloading music hear and there is a duo core necessary and would someone like myself notice the difference??

Oingo

you don't need duo core for that. hth

M DOT

« Reply #559 on: July 14, 2006, 01:47:44 PM »
thanks, i just did some searching for a thinkpad X41 non tablet to no avail, so ill prolly end up getting an X60 (really want a 12inch) and the dell latitudes that are the same size are only 200 less

Oingo

you don't need duo core for that. hth