Law School Discussion

The Venting Thread

The Venting Thread
« on: April 26, 2006, 12:51:16 PM »
This is a thread to complain about anything that makes you really angry.

I, for instance, am on the brink of strangling my co-worker. My boss left work early to go to the doctor's with his pregnant wife. I have a ton of accounting work sitting in front of me, that has to be done.

The problem? The girl I work with is supposedly a trained accountant with Wall Street experience, and she has dumped all of her work - entering invoices, doing the books on me - who has never taken an accounting course or had any interest in this kind of work.

I was hired to do work on the computer server and am only a part-time employee, but I feel like I should be calling myself the accountant. She doesn't do much all day, except talk on the phone to customers once in awhile, and cry when something goes wrong. I have to do all of the financial work myself....while she just sits around on her computer. She is paid more than twice what I am.

She sits in the back in her office listening to internet radio while I sit out front, do all the accounting work, deal with any customer that comes in, and answer all incoming phone calls.

I am just really annoyed.

->Soon

• View Profile
Re: The Venting Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:54:03 PM »
oh man, your work life suks.

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 12:56:52 PM »
I know, if I wanted to be an accountant, I would have gone to school for it.

I'm stuck here until 6 but she says she's leaving at 4. She got in at 11:30 today. I got here before 10.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »
thats what revenge is for.

can u do practical jokes on her and not get caught?

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »
I already told her it's not my job to do it, but she had my boss come and tell me that he wants me to do it. If I don't do it, I'm guessing it will probably get me fired.

I don't think I can do anything to her that wouldn't get me in trouble. The boss is a big fan of hers.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 01:07:39 PM »
call up the irs, anonomoulsy, say you heard her talking about how she cheats on her t@xes...

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 01:11:57 PM »
Here's my vent.
This board used to be mostly friendly people, a handuful of angry people and occasional troll.
Now it seems to be mostly angry people, numerous trolls, and a handful of friendly people.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »
Here's my vent.
This board used to be mostly friendly people, a handuful of angry people and occasional troll.
Now it seems to be mostly angry people, numerous trolls, and a handful of friendly people.

well, say something happy!!!

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
call up the irs, anonomoulsy, say you heard her talking about how she cheats on her t@xes...

Word is she's not legal. I don't understand her situation. But she's paid off the books.

what if you say you don't know how to do it?

I tried that, she told me she doesn't know how to do it either. A couple of people who work here think she's lying about her experience. She says she has a masters in accounting but she struggles with stuff my 20 year-old business major brother knows how to do. My boss never verifies info.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 01:16:55 PM »

Word is she's not legal. I don't understand her situation. But she's paid off the books.

what if you say you don't know how to do it?

I tried that, she told me she doesn't know how to do it either. A couple of people who work here think she's lying about her experience. She says she has a masters in accounting but she struggles with stuff my 20 year-old business major brother knows how to do. My boss never verifies info.

sound slike shes doing something extra for him...