Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Venting Thread  (Read 609 times)

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
The Venting Thread
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:51:16 PM »
This is a thread to complain about anything that makes you really angry.

I, for instance, am on the brink of strangling my co-worker. My boss left work early to go to the doctor's with his pregnant wife. I have a ton of accounting work sitting in front of me, that has to be done.

The problem? The girl I work with is supposedly a trained accountant with Wall Street experience, and she has dumped all of her work - entering invoices, doing the books on me - who has never taken an accounting course or had any interest in this kind of work.

I was hired to do work on the computer server and am only a part-time employee, but I feel like I should be calling myself the accountant. She doesn't do much all day, except talk on the phone to customers once in awhile, and cry when something goes wrong. I have to do all of the financial work myself....while she just sits around on her computer. She is paid more than twice what I am.

She sits in the back in her office listening to internet radio while I sit out front, do all the accounting work, deal with any customer that comes in, and answer all incoming phone calls.

I am just really annoyed.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: The Venting Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:03 PM »
oh man, your work life suks.
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »
I know, if I wanted to be an accountant, I would have gone to school for it.

I'm stuck here until 6 but she says she's leaving at 4. She got in at 11:30 today. I got here before 10.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 03:00:44 PM »
thats what revenge is for.

can u do practical jokes on her and not get caught?

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »
I already told her it's not my job to do it, but she had my boss come and tell me that he wants me to do it. If I don't do it, I'm guessing it will probably get me fired.

I don't think I can do anything to her that wouldn't get me in trouble. The boss is a big fan of hers.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:07:39 PM »
call up the irs, anonomoulsy, say you heard her talking about how she cheats on her t@xes...

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 03:11:57 PM »
Here's my vent.
This board used to be mostly friendly people, a handuful of angry people and occasional troll.
Now it seems to be mostly angry people, numerous trolls, and a handful of friendly people.

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:12 PM »
Here's my vent.
This board used to be mostly friendly people, a handuful of angry people and occasional troll.
Now it seems to be mostly angry people, numerous trolls, and a handful of friendly people.

well, say something happy!!!

chevelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
call up the irs, anonomoulsy, say you heard her talking about how she cheats on her t@xes...

Word is she's not legal. I don't understand her situation. But she's paid off the books.

what if you say you don't know how to do it?

I tried that, she told me she doesn't know how to do it either. A couple of people who work here think she's lying about her experience. She says she has a masters in accounting but she struggles with stuff my 20 year-old business major brother knows how to do. My boss never verifies info.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 03:16:55 PM »

Word is she's not legal. I don't understand her situation. But she's paid off the books.

what if you say you don't know how to do it?

I tried that, she told me she doesn't know how to do it either. A couple of people who work here think she's lying about her experience. She says she has a masters in accounting but she struggles with stuff my 20 year-old business major brother knows how to do. My boss never verifies info.

sound slike shes doing something extra for him...