Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: If you withdraw, will they still send rejection letters to you?  (Read 492 times)

dreamsdeferred

• View Profile
I want to avoid the pain of impending dings by withdrawing via e-mail before getting the axe. 

If I withdraw before a decision is made, will they send me anything in the mail anyway??

Towlie

Re: If you withdraw, will they still send rejection letters to you?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
They might. I withdrew from NYU and like 10 days later got a rejection letter. The letter was dated the day before I withdrew, though, even though it wasn't mailed out until after that.

galex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 03:48:06 PM »
They might. I withdrew from NYU and like 10 days later got a rejection letter. The letter was dated the day before I withdrew, though, even though it wasn't mailed out until after that.

NYU did the exact same thing to me.  It's not like I was really expecting to get in or anything, but I just thought it was a weird coincidence that they just happened to decide to reject me at the same time that I was withdrawing . . .

UVATroll15

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 01:15:06 PM »
It's a good thing you'll never have to deal with rejection again during your legal career. Good job!

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 06:55:17 PM »
I want to avoid the pain of impending dings by withdrawing via e-mail before getting the axe. 

If I withdraw before a decision is made, will they send me anything in the mail anyway??

They might, though is seems not to matter at this point if they do.
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 07:01:10 PM »

only if you swear at them