Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSD Philadelphia  (Read 10806 times)

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: LSD Philadelphia
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
Random question.

I am going to be living on 20th and Walnut and, though I will walk a lot, I also plan on using public transportation to get to Penn. Given that, which is generally better: the bus or the trolley? I think there's a bus stop right by me and I hear there's a trolley stop by me too, so I wanted to get some native Philadelphian's opinions. Thanks!

the bus stop is literally right by you.  I don't thinkI've ever taken the trolley there, but the bus would be pretty quick, and drops you a block and a half from the law building.

AND last time I rode that bus there was an awesome fight on it.  This was shortly before someone was shot two blocks from my apt  :D and for these reasons I love Philly

the bus is closer, and the trolley doesn't always run...

I just hate the bus.  Of course, Walnut's one way (Westbound), so it'll won't drop you off in front of your apt.

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2006, 09:45:38 PM »
how would yall rate Phillys freakiness?

1 - Boise
10 - Sodom
Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2006, 11:11:16 PM »
6.  Not nearly a freaky as many other major cities. 

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »
Random question.

I am going to be living on 20th and Walnut and, though I will walk a lot, I also plan on using public transportation to get to Penn. Given that, which is generally better: the bus or the trolley? I think there's a bus stop right by me and I hear there's a trolley stop by me too, so I wanted to get some native Philadelphian's opinions. Thanks!

the bus stop is literally right by you.  I don't thinkI've ever taken the trolley there, but the bus would be pretty quick, and drops you a block and a half from the law building.

AND last time I rode that bus there was an awesome fight on it.  This was shortly before someone was shot two blocks from my apt  :D and for these reasons I love Philly

I just hate the bus.  Of course, Walnut's one way (Westbound), so it'll won't drop you off in front of your apt.

I've had far more problems with busses running erratically than I have with the trolley.

But at night, you can take the Penn Shuttle to your apartment.  It may take a while for them to come pick you up, but it's still faster than Septa.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
Random question.

I've had far more problems with busses running erratically than I have with the trolley.

But at night, you can take the Penn Shuttle to your apartment.  It may take a while for them to come pick you up, but it's still faster than Septa.

Yea, I used to live a block from a trolley stop and 4 blocks from any blue line stop, and I'd go towards the trolley, fearing the dreaded blue light.

But whenever I took any bus in philly, it was always a surprise to see it arrive. "Whaddya know, a bus!"

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 28, 2006, 09:07:36 AM »
Yea, I used to live a block from a trolley stop and 4 blocks from any blue line stop, and I'd go towards the trolley, fearing the dreaded blue light.

But whenever I took any bus in philly, it was always a surprise to see it arrive. "Whaddya know, a bus!"

You should see my ex go on his SEPTA rant.  It's hilarious. 

My rant's about how they refused to let a transportation expert revamp the system (and by "revamp" I mean "make punctual and inexpensive") for free.  w00t corruption!
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 28, 2006, 09:31:17 AM »

You should see my ex go on his SEPTA rant.  It's hilarious. 

My rant's about how they refused to let a transportation expert revamp the system (and by "revamp" I mean "make punctual and inexpensive") for free.  w00t corruption!

Yea, mine's more like, "This guy on the subway projectile vomited over me.  I drive now."

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2006, 02:59:22 AM »
My plane for Philly leaves in 8 hours! I'm excited, sad, and nervous at the same time. I'll be staying in Haddonfield, NJ until Tuesday with the parental units and then will be off to my Center City apartment. Wahoo! Right now, I'm just hoping for a safe flight, a great view in my new apartment (10th floor corner, so there's a decent chance), and no roaches. Hopefully, that's not too much to ask for.
Penn Law '09

matts720

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2006, 07:56:36 PM »
You're not kidding about the weather, the humidity makes it a lot worse too.

I'll be moving into my place on the August 11th-12th weekend.
Villanova 1L Class of 2009. Invading the Main Line in August.

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2006, 09:12:02 PM »
... I'm here, but without my luggage. f-in USAIR  >:(
Penn Law '09