Law School Discussion

LSD Philadelphia

Lily Jaye

• A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: LSD Philadelphia
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »
Oh Philadelphia, how I miss you and your low cost housing!!!

My sentiments exactly. Except I'm still here.  (For another month or so, and mostly for PMs.)

$1650 for a studio in Adams Morgan?  Does it come with 18k diamond windows?

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2006, 06:32:34 AM »

My sentiments exactly. Except I'm still here.  (For another month or so, and mostly for PMs.)

at least your not on the pesky metro line....

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2006, 06:41:25 AM »

Ouch!  I decided to live a little bit farther from school to get a livable place cheaper.  We are paying $1195 for a decent sized 1-bed with heat, hot water, and parking.  In Philly, though, I had about 200 more square feet for 450 less.

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2006, 09:32:21 AM »
Smallish 1 br in the Fitler Sq/Rittenhouse area for $885 -- I'm totally paying for location

bass

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2006, 11:29:06 AM »
all these deals are still absolutely slaughtering anywhere else between boston and washington...except maybe baltimore.

And who wants to be in Baltimore?

Lily Jaye

• A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2006, 06:04:39 AM »
all these deals are still absolutely slaughtering anywhere else between boston and washington...except maybe baltimore.

And who wants to be in Baltimore?

No one wants to be in Baltimore.  However, those of us doing joint degrees with Hopkins have to be there.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2006, 06:10:47 AM »
so, whats wrong with phili?

why is it so cheap compared to the other cities?

« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2006, 08:25:44 AM »
so, whats wrong with phili?

why is it so cheap compared to the other cities?

terrible homeless problem... phillyites, tell me, why are the homeless there so miserable-looking as compared to those in new york and chicago?  is it because they get kicked out of the subway system?  philly homeless look like they haven't seen the inside of ANYTHING in years... aren't there any shelters?  and they seem more likely to beg for food... aren't there any soup kitchens? 

and there seem to be a higher percentage of crazy mumblers, as well.  in nyc, all they want is your money... in philly, it seems like they often just want to harass you.

also, there's poor city planning.  i'm reading jane jacob's "life and death of great american cities," and she uses the different areas of philly a lot as examples, since the four squares were arranged at the same time, but the resulting areas are so different.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2006, 08:12:10 PM »
Going 23 years without a pro sports championship seems to make the city depressed as well, heck the Phillies or Eagles are enough to drive one insane.

Oh that reminds me, since Bon Jovi is playing at Citizens Bank Park this weekend, it will be the only time this year that someone can go to that stadium and be satisfied with the on-field product.

->Soon

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2006, 08:54:35 PM »
lets get to the important questions.

what are the babes like in Phili?