Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: TYPO in letter of continued interest. I'm screwed!  (Read 1267 times)

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
TYPO in letter of continued interest. I'm screwed!
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:46:50 PM »
I sent a letter of continued interest to USC. At the end it says, "I hope that you will take this information into considering, and blah blah blah."

I wrote consideration!! i swear I did!  but I must have let spell check do something or maybe I just messed up, but I sent the letter priority mail today. Oh my God I'm dying here, should I call and tell them to not open my letter or something? Help!

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
Re: TYPO in letter of continued interest. I'm screwed!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 08:53:17 PM »
I had a typo in my personal statement, it did not hurt me at all. I really think they are just going to glance at your letter and glide right by the typo without even noticing. I know it is not much consolation, but really, try to relax and not worry about it.

krumanadi

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »
I sent a letter of continued interest to USC. At the end it says, "I hope that you will take this information into considering, and blah blah blah."

I wrote consideration!! i swear I did!  but I must have let spell check do something or maybe I just messed up, but I sent the letter priority mail today. Oh my God I'm dying here, should I call and tell them to not open my letter or something? Help!

If you call them then you attract attention to it.  Best to leave it alone.  I doubt it'll affect you though...

wowand135

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:02:32 PM »
thanks for the encouragement, but i read it over very quickly and caught it. i'm sure they'll notice. but youre probably right, best not to call attention to it. this is what i get for typing so much on this board without trying to type correctly. sigh.

bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 09:18:20 PM »
you know, between your incessant posts asking people how to write your LOCIs, your questions about whether you can send the same one to 2 schools, and now this, you strike me as a completely helpless neurotic.  You really need to learn how to do things on your own.  You also need some distance. 

prolesurge

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
you know, between your incessant posts asking people how to write your LOCIs, your questions about whether you can send the same one to 2 schools, and now this, you strike me as a completely helpless neurotic.  You really need to learn how to do things on your own.  You also need some distance. 

Dissssssssss

krumanadi

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:23:33 PM »

Dissssssssss

ABILITYTOFUNCTIONONTHEIROWNPW N3D!!!

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 09:25:45 PM »

just kidding
Put 'em in yo mouth!

bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 09:34:27 PM »
Yeah, I actually feel kind of bad now... :-\

jhare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - moonmeadowe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 09:36:35 PM »
Yeah, I actually feel kind of bad now...

The hallmark of the true burn.