Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Maryland  (Read 840 times)

kingralph

• View Profile
    • Email
University of Maryland
« on: April 25, 2006, 06:48:21 PM »
I just withdrew from the UT waitlist and finally committed to the University of Maryland. Anyone joining me there next year?

kmatt

• AOL Instant Messenger - kebbo16
    • View Profile
    • Maryland Law Discussion Board
    • Email
Re: University of Maryland
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »
I'll be there too in the fall. If you want to, visit the Maryland Law message board I set up at http://s9.invisionfree.com/Maryland_Law_School/ There's a bunch of people on there who are going to Maryland in the fall so that we can start to get to know each other a little bit and talk about next year.

Kevin
LSAT: 164, GPA: 3.5, UG: UNC-CH

In: Maryland, Emory, American, Wake
Out: Boston College
WL: Boston U., GW, Fordham, W&M, UNC

Attending: Maryland Law - Class of '09...FEAR THE TURTLE!!

remiz22

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
I am also a future Terp. I committed after visiting the law school two weeks ago. It's going to be great studying law there.

kingralph

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 02:54:35 PM »
I'll be there too in the fall. If you want to, visit the Maryland Law message board I set up at http://s9.invisionfree.com/Maryland_Law_School/ There's a bunch of people on there who are going to Maryland in the fall so that we can start to get to know each other a little bit and talk about next year.

Kevin

Hey Kevin. Have you thought about there you are going to live?

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 06:33:29 PM »
I recently decided on Maryland over George Mason. Are any of you considering a JD/MBA?
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4

kmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 06:52:07 PM »
Glad to see some people finally discussing Maryland. We get no talk here on LSD. Anyways, to KingRalph, I'm going to be living at the Univrsity Suites, which is about 20 feet from the law school. It's one of the 2 school-associated apartment complexes, and I think it's listed in the acceptance packet. I don't know who I'm living with yet, but they rent room by room anyways. To Remiz22, I committed right after I visited too. I just felt really welcomed and I felt like I could really see myself enjoying 3 years there. And to tankbrain, I'm not considering the JD/MBA. How does that work anyways with the Business School down in College Park? Oh and by the way, I already posted the link on this forum, but go to that discussion board I set up and register on it so we've got a nice, easy place to post stuff (finding housing, etc.). Hope to see you all soon and keep hearing from you.

Kevin

tankbrain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 07:03:13 PM »
Glad to see some people finally discussing Maryland. We get no talk here on LSD. Anyways, to KingRalph, I'm going to be living at the Univrsity Suites, which is about 20 feet from the law school. It's one of the 2 school-associated apartment complexes, and I think it's listed in the acceptance packet. I don't know who I'm living with yet, but they rent room by room anyways. To Remiz22, I committed right after I visited too. I just felt really welcomed and I felt like I could really see myself enjoying 3 years there. And to tankbrain, I'm not considering the JD/MBA. How does that work anyways with the Business School down in College Park? Oh and by the way, I already posted the link on this forum, but go to that discussion board I set up and register on it so we've got a nice, easy place to post stuff (finding housing, etc.). Hope to see you all soon and keep hearing from you.

Kevin

Smith has a center inside the new UMB School of Nursing building near the law school. You can take evening classes there while you study law.
LSAT: 165
GPA:  3.4

kmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »
Good deal. Is that what you're doing or have you not decided yet? I personally have no interest in an MBA but it's a good idea to have a spot for the law students to do it without having to drive all the way down to the main campus.

Kevin

Huntre17

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 11:04:30 AM »
Future Terp here too!  I applied late and was waitlisted, and just got called today and offered a space!  I am estatic and can't wait to get my official letter.

gozu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »
Heya!  MD here as well.  I grew up in Baltimore and can't want to get out of Connecticut and go back.  It's a great city.  I've been reading a lot on the boards about how UMD doesn't place well in terms of jobs.  Is that true?  I know it's a top 50 school, so it sort of seems unlikely to me.

Any thoughts?