Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist is moving  (Read 16105 times)

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist is moving
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2006, 05:02:38 PM »
Another week bites the dust.  I am starting to wonder, not when, but if, those who received the shortlist e-mail will hear anything in June.

Irish1289

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2006, 06:58:54 PM »
Another week bites the dust.  I am starting to wonder, not when, but if, those who received the shortlist e-mail will hear anything in June.
I received that email and got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. The email said I'd be getting a letter in the mail shortly.

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2006, 08:20:01 PM »
I received that email and got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. The email said I'd be getting a letter in the mail shortly.

Congratulations!  So, yesterday, they sent you and e-mail basically giving you a heads up?  I guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

Irish1289

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2006, 08:26:22 PM »

Congratulations!  So, yesterday, they sent you and e-mail basically giving you a heads up?  I guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

yeah, that's basically what it was. I was surprised it came so soon after the last e-mail, which made it seem like we wouldn't know anything until July

Shellbell

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2006, 03:56:54 PM »
Did anyone else in the "shorten" waitlist group receive another email asking to confirm your interest again and that they will be contacting you by the 20th?
University of Pennsylvania here I come!

Guerito

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2006, 08:31:05 PM »
Did anyone else in the "shorten" waitlist group receive another email asking to confirm your interest again and that they will be contacting you by the 20th?

I got this email last week and found out today I am IN!!   :o :o ;D

Number6, you said you hadn't received the first email....have you heard anything?

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2006, 08:55:25 PM »

I got this email last week and found out today I am IN!!   :o :o ;D

Number6, you said you hadn't received the first email....have you heard anything?

I got some e-mails and not others, but I also found out today that I was accepted.  I am a splitter like you and I'm thrilled.  I'm now going to withdraw from the many waitlists I am currently on and start packing for DC.  Good luck on your other waitlists or, if you're feeling like I am, see you at GULC in the fall.

supadupa

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2006, 09:22:51 PM »
How were you both notified?  Phone? Snail Mail?

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2006, 09:30:15 PM »
Georgetown

betterlatethannever

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2006, 11:41:21 AM »
Hey,

Just got my acceptance package to the full time program (did not receive a phone call) on Friday.  On the bottom of the official acceptance letter was a nice handwritten note thanking me for being so patient.