Law School Discussion

Georgetown Waitlist is moving

Re: Georgetown Waitlist is moving
« Reply #120 on: June 09, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »
Another week bites the dust.  I am starting to wonder, not when, but if, those who received the shortlist e-mail will hear anything in June.

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2006, 04:58:54 PM »
Another week bites the dust.  I am starting to wonder, not when, but if, those who received the shortlist e-mail will hear anything in June.
I received that email and got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. The email said I'd be getting a letter in the mail shortly.

« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »
I received that email and got accepted off the waitlist yesterday. The email said I'd be getting a letter in the mail shortly.

Congratulations!  So, yesterday, they sent you and e-mail basically giving you a heads up?  I guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »

Congratulations!  So, yesterday, they sent you and e-mail basically giving you a heads up?  I guess I shouldn't be so pessimistic.

yeah, that's basically what it was. I was surprised it came so soon after the last e-mail, which made it seem like we wouldn't know anything until July

« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2006, 01:56:54 PM »
Did anyone else in the "shorten" waitlist group receive another email asking to confirm your interest again and that they will be contacting you by the 20th?

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2006, 06:31:05 PM »
Did anyone else in the "shorten" waitlist group receive another email asking to confirm your interest again and that they will be contacting you by the 20th?

I got this email last week and found out today I am IN!!   :o :o ;D

Number6, you said you hadn't received the first email....have you heard anything?

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »

I got this email last week and found out today I am IN!!   :o :o ;D

Number6, you said you hadn't received the first email....have you heard anything?

I got some e-mails and not others, but I also found out today that I was accepted.  I am a splitter like you and I'm thrilled.  I'm now going to withdraw from the many waitlists I am currently on and start packing for DC.  Good luck on your other waitlists or, if you're feeling like I am, see you at GULC in the fall.

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2006, 07:22:51 PM »
How were you both notified?  Phone? Snail Mail?

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2006, 07:30:15 PM »

« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
Hey,

Just got my acceptance package to the full time program (did not receive a phone call) on Friday.  On the bottom of the official acceptance letter was a nice handwritten note thanking me for being so patient.