Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist is moving  (Read 15825 times)

Celtigo

• View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist is moving
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »
Im currently overseas, but I just recieved an email from Sarah Sim detailing that they had additional money available and whether there was a certain amount that could change my mind.

Roxy

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - diegopiranha
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2006, 07:16:02 AM »
Got the Cornblatt email, too  :-\

Oh well, I really love where I'm going, it just would have been soooo much easier to stay in this area and I have grown up always thinking of Georgetown Law... but it isn't meant to be, sigh.

I am going to let them know to just release me from the waitlist, I have to make my plans for my life now.
UVA '09

4DClaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2006, 07:19:24 AM »
That's a good point. I wish they didn't provide that option! Are you headed to GW too?

I think this year it will be harder to get into PT as compared to previous years, since this was the first year they offered the FT/PT option. They can now cherry pick anyone they want who chose that option, along with all the other people who chose PT only like me.
Georgetown

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2006, 08:27:26 AM »
Anybody else not get this e-mail yesterday?

na56

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2006, 09:42:19 AM »
Got e mail to wait till july 5th as if I have nothing to do except waiting. If it is NYU or Harvard I wait but Georgetown..NO
I rather go to UVA.

WinnieCooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2006, 02:19:42 PM »
I need some clarification here. I received the same email that's posted this afternoon. It does make the prospect of being admitted to GULC seem pretty bleak. But this is not a waitlist rejection, is it? Is there even such a thing? I've seen people on LSN state their status to be waitlist/rejected. Does this mean that they actually recived something that said that they have been pushed off the waitlist? Or are people confuesed about deferred-rejected? If anyone got a rejection letter after the waitlist, please clarify. Thanks

It sounds like some people did actually get a letter saying they are rejected from the waitlist.  As far as I know, these people were on the regular waitlist, not preferred or "preferred preferred."

I did get that email yesterday.  My guess is the class is basically full right now, and there may be a few seats here and there from now on, but it is very unlikely more than a handful of people will be called.

Guerito

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2006, 04:39:02 PM »
Anybody else not get this e-mail yesterday?

Without jinxing myself, I haven't received any email recently either.  The last email I did receive said "we should know more by June 7".  I'm still waiting to see if this turns out to be a good thing or a bad thing.  :-\

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »
By the way, since yesterday a lot of people received an email, has anyone heard of anyone else being ACCEPTED over the past day or 2?  It seems like either the GULC waitlist is in gridlock, or the LSD posters aren't representative of the waitlist pool... ???
161, 3.64.... fingers crossed for something, anything really
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tfateach

lavendergrace

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »
How long are you guys gonna wait for?

By the way, since yesterday a lot of people received an email, has anyone heard of anyone else being ACCEPTED over the past day or 2?  It seems like either the GULC waitlist is in gridlock, or the LSD posters aren't representative of the waitlist pool... ???
I'm getting addicted to this site.

chinita

• oh tobias, you blowhard!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2006, 12:29:29 AM »
hey,
i don't know if this helps anyone.. or if anyone really cares.. but i'm withdrawing this weekend so that will free up a seat. :)

i know that we had some curriculum choice deadline today (friday) and maybe they'll use that to try and sift out people like me (i made up my mind to withdraw after the deposit deadline but haven't had time to send in my official letter yet)

just a thought. anyway, good luck - cheers
upenn '09