Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Waitlist is moving  (Read 16230 times)

vivarin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist is moving
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2006, 04:56:24 PM »
Numbers please!!

Lady Stardust

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2006, 06:40:31 PM »
Did anyone else notice the handful of "WL, Rejected" on LSN today?

It looks like a round of letters went out yesterday. Gulp.

Angelina1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2006, 12:59:52 PM »
Okay, I'm an idiot, I was thinking July but it really is June which is right around the corner.

Sorry to ignore others' questions in my moment of panic. It's all under control now and I have sent in my financial aid application, though they require a ton of sh*t, including more parental info than was required on NeedAccess.

So, yes, I do plan to go. I was very happy to get in. My #'s are not stellar (169/3.54), but the low-ish GPA was due to health problems which I did my best to explain in my essays (though it didn't seem to help at all at most of the other schools I applied to). I also have alot of relevant work experience and volunteer work, including founding a political non-profit. I am a "non-trad" I guess, since I've been out of undergrad for six years.

And after I was waitlisted I did send in additional recommendation + letters and emails of continued interest where I explained why I would love to go to GULC.

Does that help anyone? Good luck!

Wait, where does it say all this?!! On the admitted students website? I haven't logged on, not sure if I have access yet.

Also, Georgetown's second deposit deadline isn't until July first I thought--???

Two weeks to send in a deposit of $750 (yikes! It's 1st and 2nd deposits). You also have to get an official transcript, a certification from your UG school's dean, apply for financial aid.

Congrats!  So are you guys gonna go?  How long are they giving you to decide?

Michigan Law Class of 2009

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2006, 01:23:24 PM »
From LSN, it seems like the WL rejections recently posted came from people with high LSAT/ low GPA split.  Has anyone else heard anything?
161, 3.64.... fingers crossed for something, anything really
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tfateach

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

WinnieCooper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2006, 02:52:00 PM »
Did anyone else notice the handful of "WL, Rejected" on LSN today?

It looks like a round of letters went out yesterday. Gulp.

Whoa, I didn't know Georgetown sent out WL rejections.  I thought they just let the list languish til classes start, and some people get called, some don't.

TheGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Seems simple enough...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2006, 04:28:10 PM »
Anybody else get an email from Sophia Sim about being on a shortlist today?  I guess the second deposit is due June 1 so there may be some seats opening up. 

Number6

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2006, 05:04:17 PM »
Anybody else get an email from Sophia Sim about being on a shortlist today?  I guess the second deposit is due June 1 so there may be some seats opening up. 

I don't know how much this helps, but I know one other person who did and a few who didn't.  It will be interesting to see how soon people on this 'shortlist' start getting offers.

ny06

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2006, 09:42:31 AM »
I received the email as well, but I replied by withdrawing.  So far, I've been pleasantly surprised by waitlist movement at many top schools, so I'm sure several spots will open up at Georgetown too.  Good luck to all of you!

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:02 AM »
I received the email as well, but I replied by withdrawing.  So far, I've been pleasantly surprised by waitlist movement at many top schools, so I'm sure several spots will open up at Georgetown too.  Good luck to all of you!

What did the email from GULC say?
161, 3.64.... fingers crossed for something, anything really
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tfateach