Law School Discussion

Georgetown Waitlist is moving

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Waitlist is moving
« Reply #140 on: July 24, 2006, 10:22:52 AM »
almost 3 weeks of inactivity on this thread.... I'm guessing that the G-town waitlist is dead.... we're supposed to hear an update in early August.... has anyone heard anything?.... anyone planning on GULC, but still waiting on other waitlists?

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »
What is your second choice? If it's GW or anywhere else in DC, send them an e-mail making it clear that you'd even take a spot off the waitlist after classes start. There often are inconsiderate people who place second deposits, get off the waitlist at another school, and don't bother informing the first school they won't be attending.

I must have sent eight e-mails and letters since I was waitlisted.

almost 3 weeks of inactivity on this thread.... I'm guessing that the G-town waitlist is dead.... we're supposed to hear an update in early August.... has anyone heard anything?.... anyone planning on GULC, but still waiting on other waitlists?

HairMetalRulz

• its 5 o clock somewhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2006, 10:53:09 AM »
yes, i'm planning on GW, unless I hear otherwise..... i think i've sent a combined total of 5 letters/ emails.... think i should send something else before this Aug. 1st notification date? at this point is it smart to tell them that i'd be willing to take a seat in sept (thinking that they might not consider me until the last minute, given that info)?  also, how hard was it for you to apply for loans after switching mid-summer... thanks for the advice...

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2006, 11:02:38 AM »
As long as you aren't calling them all the time, I think it doesn't hurt. I have no idea exactly why they took me off the waitlist, but I have to think it has something to do with my frequent e-mails and letters. Maybe it got my file to the top of the stack? Since there are only a few weeks left, I'd definitely say you'd be willing to go in September. It's tricky, because GW starts a few weeks before GULC, so you could end up having to withdraw from GW after you've started classes. I don't know what the refund policies are.

I was lucky because GW was just about to process my loan application when I found out about GULC. Apparently, it would have been very tough to return the loans and process new ones. But because they hadn't processed my loans yet, it was very easy, and within two weeks I've already received my GULC loans.

yes, i'm planning on GW, unless I hear otherwise..... i think i've sent a combined total of 5 letters/ emails.... think i should send something else before this Aug. 1st notification date? at this point is it smart to tell them that i'd be willing to take a seat in sept (thinking that they might not consider me until the last minute, given that info)?  also, how hard was it for you to apply for loans after switching mid-summer... thanks for the advice...

« Reply #144 on: August 01, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »
Just got off the waitlist and will definitely be attending!  ;D
Some info for those still waiting:
My stats are GPA ~3.3, LSAT 98th, 3 years of work experience, regular ECs
Recieved an email last week inquiring about my level of interest and availability, was notified today via email that I was accepted and that acceptance package will arrive shortly
Perhaps more offers will be made if some people accepted this round don't reply
Welps, good luck to everyone still waiting- hang in there!!

na56

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2006, 12:19:08 PM »
Got an email from georgetown stating that there would be a few spots opening up this month and that I would be one of the first to know and get an offer when a spot did open up. Anybody else received this?

« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2006, 12:29:20 PM »
I got the same thing.

166/3.95

na56

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »
Would you go if accepted

« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2006, 01:48:24 PM »
If they could get me into the law school dorm, absolutely.  I mean, it would be hard to turn away from the $$ at ND but I love DC.

« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
Got an email from georgetown stating that there would be a few spots opening up this month and that I would be one of the first to know and get an offer when a spot did open up. Anybody else received this?

Crap, I only got an email stating that there aren't any spots at the moment and that they closed off part of the waitlist, and rejection letters would be sent in the mail to some people.  I hope it's not me...

Hey, na56 - what are your numbers?