Law School Discussion

UCLA Merit Scholarships?

moonpie

• No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA Merit Scholarships?
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 09:31:47 PM »
The bottom line is that I think I will be a lot happier at UCLA and therfore will perform better.  I can't face Charlottesville (basically going back home) after 4 years in New York City.  I'd rather be in a place where I can have fun, enjoy life, feel like my professors expect a lot out of me and will put personal interest in me, and really succeed.  Rather than being in a place where I will just muddle through somewhere in the middle of my class. 

And I'm extremely lucky that my parents are footing the bill and will pay for me to go where I want to.

Oh! If your parents are springing for your place, would they mind covering the tuition of a houseboy, too? I clean well and give better massages.

jazmine

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 12:57:38 PM »
haha.  you deserve a scholarship just for creativity and eagerness :)

shae

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 02:01:02 PM »
OOH!  The mail just arrived back home in Virginia today, and my mother tells me UCLA is giving me $25,000 a year!   :D

Man, do am I ecstatic and relieved... but now I have to maintain a 2.5 GPA.   :-\  just kidding.

i bet your parents are happy. Tell them they should give you the extra 25k each year.

jazmine

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 02:21:35 PM »
Wow!  Congratulations :)  I guess now you can afford to hire drewpie as your houseboy. 

jazmine

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »
woohoo!  i just found out I got some  :)

moonpie

• No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 09:40:57 PM »
grrr. props, through my jealousy. when was the letter dated? is it enough to buy drinks at Wasabi?

lyrehc

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 04:10:34 PM »
Congratulations!  Did you send in your seat deposit before you were notified of the scholarship?  If so, that's pretty nice of them :)

jazmine

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »
Thanks guys!  There was no seat deposit, but I had already confirmed my attendance.  I think the admissions dept had some major problems this year, but once I got in touch with the right people, they were really helpful.