Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What does everyone think of the facebook changes?  (Read 400 times)

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What does everyone think of the facebook changes?
« on: April 25, 2006, 11:38:54 AM »
I like how now you can simply add networks, rather than choosing between one or the other, and can choose your geography in addition. This will be great for looking around at stuff going on at the undergrad while in law school. You won't have to choose between the two or create another account.

I don't like how they removed the clubs and jobs section-a lot of people used that for student jobs they wouldn't list in their 'professional' information and, well, clubs have nowhere to go now.

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What does everyone think of the facebook changes?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »
Haha, luckily we don't have that problem, since we don't have an attached law school.

Getting facebook before you go is so exciting for them, though. Let the '10 people do what they want. It's not like it hurts the rest of us!

Cree83

• Sr. Citizen
  • henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 12:09:33 PM »
i like the adding networks part.  but one thing i liked before was being able to look at a friend from another school by just clicking on the school rather than going through all the other friends.  no big deal.  i'll get used to it.
She said "love, love, love is all that matters"
I said "sure, I guess, whatever"
She said "what does that mean"
I said "nothin, it's just good to have a backup plan"

Groundhog

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:14:06 PM »
Agreed about being able to see your other friends by their school, but I realize the distinction isn't that important.

As for the freshmen, I got it, but you can't choose law as a concentration here because there's no law school or 'law' department, although we do have Law & Society which is an undergrad major not at all like pre-law.

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 04:17:26 PM »
Given how creepy some of the new facebook features are, I thought it appropriate to resurrect this thread.  Has anybody had a breakup broadcast to all of their friends on facebook?  Luckily hasn't happened to me because I'm single, but I'm sure a few of my friends were a bit disturbed to see the message "Jane Doe and John Smith ended their relationship" on facebook following their breakup.  Oh well, before you post anything, make sure you learn about the new features and be careful about what you want everybody to see.
Attending:  Florida
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor
Waitlist:  UNC
Rejected:  Berkeley, Georgetown, George Mason, Duke

iSalute

• Sr. Citizen
  • Freedom don't come free
    • View Profile
    • Check us out...
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 04:20:52 PM »
The new features of facebook are incredibly stalker oriented. What the heck is going on here???
The University of San Diego c/o 2011.

http://themeaningofmadness.blogspot.com/

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 04:25:54 PM »
Facebook has always been a stalker's dream.  They've just streamlined it to make stalking more efficient.  Now instead of stalking just a few profiles, with facebook's awesome new features, you can stalk each and every single one of your facebook friends!  Sweeeeet!
Accepted:  American, Florida, Florida State, Temple ($36K), Miami ($69K), Baylor

Pike#11

• Sr. Citizen
  • I wish I was here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 04:43:26 PM »
After taking a look, I think you can delete items that you don't want to be broadcast.  You may want to test that with a minor change first as I haven't tried to update my profile yet.

chewy06

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 05:04:43 PM »
It's the ultimate stalker tool...