Stevie Ray Vaughn
3 (4.9%)
Sid Vicious
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Most Tragic Death

Re: Most Tragic Death
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »
Marvin got popped by his dad... that's rough.

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »
Elliot stabbed himself in the heart. For sheer gruesomeness and determination, he wins.

not what some of his friends and fam say, and i believe the cause of death is still officially open.

Is the supposition that his lady friend did him in?

yep

cyberrev

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2006, 02:46:30 PM »
who the hell is rob pilatus?  the exercise guy?  did his own exercises do him in?

Dunson II

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2006, 02:51:21 PM »
Kurt Cobain.  Imagine if rock had stayed on top. 

Also, his lyrics were a cry for help, poor guy.

phooey

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
RFK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(  I don't know.  What would make one more tragic than the next?  Should I just pick the one whose music I like best?

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »
Elliot stabbed himself in the heart. For sheer gruesomeness and determination, he wins.

not what some of his friends and fam say, and i believe the cause of death is still officially open.

yep

Obviously I don't know because I wasn't there, but family and friends rarely want to admit that a loved one committed suicide. The intense addictions and manifest depression meant that when he died I wasn't too surprised, though I was shocked.

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 03:30:48 PM »

yep

Obviously I don't know because I wasn't there, but family and friends rarely want to admit that a loved one committed suicide. The intense addictions and manifest depression meant that when he died I wasn't too surprised, though I was shocked.

That's true, but I have to go with the skeptics on this one: people don't usually commit suicide by stabbing themselves in the chest.

It's not as uncommon as you might think. The coroner found that the stab wounds were consistent with being self-inflicted, but that there were other worrisome issues: cuts on the arm (defensive, or manifestations of Smith's tendency to cut himself?) and stabbing through the shirt (apparently, people usually take their shirts off to stab themselves). He and the girl had been in a huge fight and her story of having locked herself in the bathroom while it happened is a little suspect.

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »

Just out of curiosity, where did you read this?  (It could be true, always heard the gender breakdowns of guns and drugs.)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/esmithaut1.html

magnumalv

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »
sam cooke

maybe not most tragic, but he's missing on the list

and: selena.  ::) what, I cried during the movie!

Lionel Hutz

• aka Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2006, 04:06:39 PM »
Possibly.  He was my favorite artist, so I found the news coverage too depressing to follow closely. :(
I inferred that it was not so uncommon from the coroner's report.

I know what you mean. I didn't follow the story when it broke, but followed up on it at a much later date. It was only six months or so ago that I was able to start listening to his music in earnest again, though I haven't heard the last one (or figure 8 for that matter).