Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread  (Read 5711 times)

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ILadyIce
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2006, 11:07:08 PM »
Section 1 here...

I didn't really look at your schedule? How is it? You have Scheckter for Property, right? I've heard good things about him.

Pretty cool if you don't mind waking up late and getting out late, we start at 10-11 but end at 4-5.

I heard good things about Hull and Schechter, no one knows the other 2.

Yeah, I have Schechter for property as well. I heard he gives difficult exams, but he's a great prof.

I have Selmi for Torts and Lawrence for Contracts. (I'm evening division)

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • MSN Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 03:47:16 PM »
do you know how the LRW professors are assigned for the evening division? i saw three on the schedule.
I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.

nolalove

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 04:59:59 PM »
Match Makers For Justice ~ Work With Residents To Help Them Rebuild Their Lives!

In the wake of Hurricane Katrina, many residents are still experiencing difficulties in putting their lives back together.   Media attention has noticeably focused on the socio-economic inequities of the rebuilding process increasingly less so.  Aid is flowing into the region, but residents with the greatest need face the greatest difficulties in accessing government assistance.   

Match Makers for Justice (M4J) is a pilot project designed to help displaced residents help themselves by connecting residents with training and a law student advocate to effectively navigate government systems and gain access to quality jobs, education, health care, and housing.   The M4J program will pair interested students with displaced residents, host a training session in New Orleans and provide ongoing support as students and residents work together to help resolve the resident's post-Katrina challenges. For additional details about both SHN and M4J, see studenthurricanenetwork.org or email matchmakers4justice@gmail.com.

What Does my Commitment Entail?

Simply put, each student is expected to: 1) articulate and document the specific challenge(s) faced by the resident; 2) attend a training session in New Orleans with their resident partner on Saturday, September 2, 2006; and 3) help empower their resident to address his/her ongoing challenges in securing quality jobs, education, health care, and housing. Student participants will also be asked to identify their professor mentor and to assist with fundraising for the training session. SHN will work with partner organizations to provide students and residents with necessary informational materials. Additionally, SHN will arrange a network of support structures for both residents and students, including:   survivor council meetings; student support group teams; professor mentors for each law student; cultural competency advisors; and legal aid referral advisors. Participation in the program is a six-week commitment.   

How Do I Apply?

Completed applications must be submitted online by 11:59 p.m. EST, Saturday August 12th. Please note that space will be limited in the pilot program to 60 law students and 60 residents. Questions about the program and/or the application process should be emailed to matchmakers4justice@gmail.com

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2006, 09:22:54 PM »
do you know how the LRW professors are assigned for the evening division? i saw three on the schedule.

No - maybe they'll address that during orientation?

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2006, 11:36:53 AM »

No - maybe they'll address that during orientation?

another student just told me it depends on when you're scheduled for the computer training during orientation.

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2006, 12:26:45 AM »
I have Selmi for Torts and Lawrence for Contracts. (I'm evening division)

Which means you have Levinson for Crim Law...couldn't ask for anything more than that...she's practically a celebrity!
Lets get married: Loyola, Hastings, Davis, George Mason
It's not you, it's me. OK - it's you: Berkeley, Georgetown, UCLA
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2006, 01:40:36 AM »
Is everyone "excited" about classes starting tomorrow? (I think I've been asked this question by everyone on the planet) ;)

I've been working on reading/briefing this weekend... whew. Hopefully this stuff will go faster as the weeks go by. I'm glad that the cases have been interesting so far, at least.

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2006, 02:20:31 PM »
i finally have some downtime at work to goof off. excited isn't the right word for me. it's anxious. i can hardly go to sleep and i wake up in the middle of the night.  :-\
but i totally dig school. ;D

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2006, 05:22:45 PM »
i finally have some downtime at work to goof off. excited isn't the right word for me. it's anxious. i can hardly go to sleep and i wake up in the middle of the night.  :-\
but i totally dig school. ;D

Ahh... anxiety. It's a wonderful feeling. :P

But yeah - school has been interesting (fun even) so far. My brain has been getting quite a wake-up call!