Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread  (Read 5796 times)

fidiv

• AOL Instant Messenger - fidiv
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2006, 04:31:24 PM »
Heading down to LA soon, but if anyone is looking for a Loyola roomate (or knows someone who is looking), please PM me.

Thanks!

angryasian

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2006, 02:07:01 PM »
Thinking about moving to the Glendale area, specifically Archstone Glendale on Fairview.  Anyone know what this area is like or what the traffic to LLS is like?  Moving from Northern California, so any advice or insight would be really appreciated.

klasyk gyrl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Chapter 6 of the LRB f'd me up!
    • MSN Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • AOL Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - klasykgyrl
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2006, 04:26:05 PM »
another evening student here...so 2010 for me. i haven't quite told my work yet that i'll be cutting back on hours. still trying to figure out how many hours to cut back though. for financial aid, i jumped the gun and already signed up with my lender and signed the MPN. they said once the school certifies it they'll process the loans for me. i also just rsvp'd for me and my boyfriend to go to the dodger night on august 14th!
I've finally found someone I can love - a good, clean love... without utensils.

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2006, 10:50:15 AM »
Thinking about moving to the Glendale area, specifically Archstone Glendale on Fairview.  Anyone know what this area is like or what the traffic to LLS is like?  Moving from Northern California, so any advice or insight would be really appreciated.

I live in Glendale and I love the area... I live right off Brand on the south side of the freeway, which is a nice area. We regularly walk down Brand...there are a ton of stores and restaurants. Free parking is rough in that area though, but if you know you will spend money to get parking validated or don't mind paying, there are structures.

The traffic down to Loyola isn't great, but it's not horrible. You can take the 5 or the 2 down to the 110 and then exit 8th street. It can take up to 45 minutes in the morning if there is an accident, and you should always assume 30 minutes. In the afternoon, the 110 is worse and you might prefer to take the 10 east to the 5 north.
Lets get married: Loyola, Hastings, Davis, George Mason
It's not you, it's me. OK - it's you: Berkeley, Georgetown, UCLA
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2006, 01:50:30 AM »
Alright, who else is in Section 3 with me??? I think it is the best of the sections...no classes before noon three days out of the week, no 5-unit 1-semester classes, and we get the Dean for Con. Law. Not too shabby.

If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »
Section 1 here...

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2006, 11:49:39 PM »
Section 1 here...

I didn't really look at your schedule? How is it? You have Scheckter for Property, right? I've heard good things about him.

burr33

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2006, 05:12:55 AM »
what have you heard about the section 3 profs?

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2006, 10:55:56 PM »
Section 1 here...

I didn't really look at your schedule? How is it? You have Scheckter for Property, right? I've heard good things about him.

Pretty cool if you don't mind waking up late and getting out late, we start at 10-11 but end at 4-5.

I heard good things about Hull and Schechter, no one knows the other 2.

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2006, 11:00:54 PM »

I haven't heard anything about the section 3 profs other than what I've read on the website...they all seem pretty distinguished. A guy I work with has a daughter that is a 3L this year so I am going to ask if she has any impressions on any of the profs.