Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread  (Read 5817 times)

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ILadyIce
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »
Has anyone gotten their official award letter yet? I sent back the grad plus or private loan flier a few days ago... hoping to get the official award letter soon. Does anyone know how much later grad plus loans are supposed to be disbursed (I heard it was November)?

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 01:03:14 AM »

My official financial aid letter was not correct! What's up with that? It didn't show my scholarship, nor did they include my estimated child-care expenses, even though I sent them a letter and a statement from the day care center showing my costs.

I am getting really sick of the financial aid office actually. They have not been very helpful. First I called to get a new copy of my estimated award letter and after a week, I still hadn't gotten it. I called again and they never sent it. Then, I emailed them a question and they never responded. Then, I sent them the letter and statement about day care and asked them to contact me to let me know that they had processed it. They never did. I called them to follow up and they said that they would process it when they sent out the official award letter. Obviously they didn't. Then, I called to say that my official award letter was wrong and they told me to email the necessary corrections. I emailed and asked them to either write back or call to let me know they had re-processed it. Still no call or email. If I haven't heard anything by next week I am going to raise hell. This is rediculous!

I hadn't heard that about the disbursments...that would be horrible. I was under the impression that disbursments come sometime around the beginning of the semester.
Lets get married: Loyola, Hastings, Davis, George Mason
It's not you, it's me. OK - it's you: Berkeley, Georgetown, UCLA
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

fidiv

• AOL Instant Messenger - fidiv
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »
Anyone else heading to Loyola with their housing situation still up in the air?

I've been browsing craigslist and found few decent places, but I'm looking for a roomate and the school's roomate list seems sorely lacking.  There has to be more than the 8 or so people on there looking for someone to live with. 

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2006, 11:39:48 PM »

My official financial aid letter was not correct! What's up with that? It didn't show my scholarship, nor did they include my estimated child-care expenses, even though I sent them a letter and a statement from the day care center showing my costs.

I am getting really sick of the financial aid office actually. They have not been very helpful. First I called to get a new copy of my estimated award letter and after a week, I still hadn't gotten it. I called again and they never sent it. Then, I emailed them a question and they never responded. Then, I sent them the letter and statement about day care and asked them to contact me to let me know that they had processed it. They never did. I called them to follow up and they said that they would process it when they sent out the official award letter. Obviously they didn't. Then, I called to say that my official award letter was wrong and they told me to email the necessary corrections. I emailed and asked them to either write back or call to let me know they had re-processed it. Still no call or email. If I haven't heard anything by next week I am going to raise hell. This is rediculous!

I hadn't heard that about the disbursments...that would be horrible. I was under the impression that disbursments come sometime around the beginning of the semester.

Yeah, they haven't been very prompt about responding to my e-mails either... but I've been fairly successful with getting questions answered when I call them.

I read somewhere that grad plus disbursements would come later than other loans...? Maybe I'm wrong though, I'll try to look it up!

SapientiaEstPotentia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Three time CHAMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2006, 12:33:08 AM »
Just saying, that’s all…..but If I attend Loyola Law school in the city of Angels, I ‘m bound to be the first U.S. Supreme Court Justice from there. 

Yes, the school is that good.
One cannot conceive anything so strange and so implausible that it has not already been said by one philosopher or another. -- René Descartes, A Discourse on Method

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 09:32:22 PM »
I'm heading to Loyola, area of expertise is way up in the air, I have no idea what I want to do.

I am living in West LA, same place I'm living at now, I also have lived here for a long time, I would recommend checking out Craigslist, and looking around there, they also have a roomate finder on the Loyola Blog website.

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2006, 11:29:41 AM »
Does anyone know when orientation is? I didn't see it on the Loyola site... (I'm hoping their "1L reg book" will be up soon)

SapientiaEstPotentia

• Sr. Citizen
  • Three time CHAMP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:04 PM »
Does anyone know when orientation is? I didn't see it on the Loyola site... (I'm hoping their "1L reg book" will be up soon)

I know this much, students matriculate on 21st of August.

Good Luck!
One cannot conceive anything so strange and so implausible that it has not already been said by one philosopher or another. -- René Descartes, A Discourse on Method

Knowledge

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 02:26:05 AM »
I think the orientation starts on Aug. 15th.

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2006, 10:12:35 PM »
I think the orientation starts on Aug. 15th.

Yeah, I found it on the blog earlier today and called the admissions people to confirm times... for evening students it should be 5-9 or 10pm on Tuesday, then 6-9 wednesday and thursday. I hope the financial aid stuff gets finalized soon... I sent everything in to them and am just awaiting a response...

But anyway, thanks for the response :)