Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread  (Read 5727 times)

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ILadyIce
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 11:42:37 PM »
Has anyone received an Official Award letter? Do you believe that some type of scholarship aid could be introduced therein even if no offer was previously  adduced? Is this unheard-of?

CONGRATS to those setting foot into the immense Legal network of southern Cali.

I don't think we'll be receiving an official award letter until June.

CALIMAN

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 12:30:38 AM »
I sent my second seat deposit on May 20, 2006, rather than near the deadline, and Iím hoping the admissions office rewards those that respond as such by providing an Official Award letter sooner rather than later, even if that means late May, 2006.  But your correct in pointing out that June is the month they plan to send such information. Just asking and hoping!   

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 09:32:03 PM »
I sent my second seat deposit on May 20, 2006, rather than near the deadline, and Iím hoping the admissions office rewards those that respond as such by providing an Official Award letter sooner rather than later, even if that means late May, 2006.  But your correct in pointing out that June is the month they plan to send such information. Just asking and hoping!   

Nothing wrong with hoping :) I'd love to receive a scholarship offer as well, though I'm not too optimistic... but we'll see once the official letter comes, I guess!

CALIMAN

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 11:09:39 PM »
Good luck with the Official Award letter.

Hey, I might get the opportunity to meet Cardinal Roger Mohoney in June. I might get a chance to ask him to communicate to the Jesuits at Loyola to forward merit/need base scholarship investment in my stead.      :D

ellay

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 03:32:21 PM »
Looks like I'll be enrolling in the Loyola Evening Division while working full-time.  GO LIONS!

BTW, can someone tell me where I can find the admitted students blog?

Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all in the fall

Have an awesome summer!

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:54 AM »
Looks like I'll be enrolling in the Loyola Evening Division while working full-time.  GO LIONS!

We're in the same boat then. :) Is your job legal or non-legal?

ellay

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2006, 02:17:59 AM »
legal.....

u?

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2006, 01:38:06 PM »
legal.....

u?

Same. I'm already bugging all the lawyers for advice... They've all been very encouraging :)

MonarchsFly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »
Hey everybody.

I just stumbled across this site and am totally new to the whole message board thing, but very excited to hear from some of my fellow '09 classmates.

I graduated from USC in '05 and have remained in LA for the last year, so I feel pretty confident that I could answer any questions people have about the area. As far as where to live, a lot of people throw around the idea of Brentwood/Santa Monica. You can't lose there, but might I recommend the Fairfax/ Beverly neighborhood. It's a great area- lot's of young people - and has a bit more character than a place like Brentwood. It runs about the same in terms of housing costs...

Congrats to all, and can't wait to meet everyone!

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 12:00:49 AM »
Haven't been on this site in a while, so glad to see some people who will be joining me this fall.

Anyone going to be taking out the Grad Plus loan? Does anyone know for sure if you can borrow more than the COA? I need to borrow a hell of a lot more than my need based aid says I am eligible for, so I can only do the Grad Plus if I can borrow above the COA. I have a wife and child, so the COA is way less than my actual expenses!

I have lived in SoCal my whole life and in Glendale for the past three years, so I'll certainly be staying here. I'll be quitting my full-time job with the AQMD to go to school full time. I plan on studying litigation and working for a big firm when I graduate to make it all worth it! :)
Lets get married: Loyola, Hastings, Davis, George Mason
It's not you, it's me. OK - it's you: Berkeley, Georgetown, UCLA
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC