Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread  (Read 5523 times)

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« on: April 25, 2006, 02:06:10 AM »

Who'll be joining me?
Lets get married: Loyola, Hastings, Davis, George Mason
It's not you, it's me. OK - it's you: Berkeley, Georgetown, UCLA
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
Re: The Official Loyola LA Class of 2009 Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 09:48:22 PM »
And what are you planning (hoping) to concentrate in down the road? I'm leaning toward litigation.
If it doesn't work out with my current boyfriend, I'll choose you: Northwestern, William & Mary, USC

CALIMAN

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 09:58:19 PM »
You read my mind!

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

See “ya” there.

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 11:57:22 PM »
wow... just two of us... I've heard of small sections, but this is rediculous!

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ILadyIce
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 02:05:23 AM »
I'll be there... except class of 2010 (doing evening division while working full time) :)

I'm considering environmental law...

CALIMAN

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:21:51 AM »
I made it to the open house for admitted students and was surprised to hear that you can actually park on the streets surrounding the law school. The president of the SBA (student bar association) stated that he actually parked on the streets to save a nice chunk of change. Who’s planning to commute? …Public transportation, anyone? 

I can’t wait to get the Loyola coffee mug with the Loyola Marymount University coat of arms. I plan on making use of the mug on my commutes. ;)

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 01:15:24 AM »
I thought about doing the evening program and keeping my job for financial reasons...but I just didn't think I would be able to do it any justice. I mean, I barely have a spare moment as it is with a 9 month old son...I just can't imagine trying to squeeze law school into the mix and making it worthwhile.

I'll be communting in from Glendale. Not really sure what the public transportation is from here, but the drive is only about 40 minutes in the morning and even less in the afternoon, so I'll be driving. Interesting about the street parking thing... what about street sweeping days...it's LA's parking ticket racket!

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »
I made it to the open house for admitted students and was surprised to hear that you can actually park on the streets surrounding the law school. The president of the SBA (student bar association) stated that he actually parked on the streets to save a nice chunk of change. Who’s planning to commute? …Public transportation, anyone? 

I can’t wait to get the Loyola coffee mug with the Loyola Marymount University coat of arms. I plan on making use of the mug on my commutes. ;)

I was at the open house also... I looked at the streets surrounding the campus - I wouldn't feel safe parking it anywhere but the parking structure. (It's a new car... and I'll be arriving/leaving there late... plus I didn't see that much street parking - though in the daytime it's most likely different)

I'm going to try to move somewhere inbetween Century City and Loyola - maybe somewhere on Olympic Blvd. (Right now I live off Wilshire, in Santa Monica)

No kids for me... and a flexible job that pays well and may eventually hire me as an attorney, so evening program is perfect lets me have my cake and eat it too (or however that saying goes).

mdpeterson42

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 03:03:47 AM »
I missed the open house. was it good? I went to one of the student host days and think that I got enough of a feel for the place that another visit seemed redundant.

Fierfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 03:45:18 AM »
I missed the open house. was it good? I went to one of the student host days and think that I got enough of a feel for the place that another visit seemed redundant.

Yeah, it was fun and pretty informative (and yummy food ;)). We came late, made it in time to catch the tail-end of a mock crim law class with a very engaging professor, and heard 5 students speak (one evening student, one 1L, the SBA president, and 2 others), then walked around the campus with another student who talked about exams (they're changing from open book to closed, implementing more midterms), how much the parking structure cost, random general stuff. I was glad I got a chance to go. I felt better about my decision afterwards (even though I still think the campus is ugly as hell :P)