Law School Discussion

Poll

Which shools were listed in the mailed paperwork for your "CSOR" / wba research survey?

Yale
5 (12.5%)
Stanford
1 (2.5%)
Harvard
6 (15%)
Penn
1 (2.5%)
Michigan
7 (17.5%)
George Washington
1 (2.5%)
Georgetown
3 (7.5%)
Boalt
1 (2.5%)
University of Washington
1 (2.5%)
USC
2 (5%)
Northwestern
2 (5%)
Columbia
7 (17.5%)
If you need an option added, please post in thread & don't vote yet.
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

"Center for Student Opinion Research" Survey

Re: "Center for Student Opinion Research" Survey
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2006, 04:25:26 PM »
good to know the second survey is different.  i did the first and got the $10, however, never received the $25 after completed the second portion.  Now yesterday, they called me at work asking if they could do a survey!  How did they get my work number, which has changed since I applied to schools?  I work for the federal gov't and someone could track it down online, but that seems extreme.  sketch, don't you think?

Yes. I have a similar story although unlike you I got the $25. Perhaps yours is (or will be) on the way? In any case, my story is similar to yours because this time they called me on my cell phone  when they had previously called my land line.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, they get our numbers from the schools. Did you provide your new work number to one or more of the schools you applied to?

I believe that only Yale, Michigan, Columbia, Stanford, and Chicago would have my new work number in their files.  So the folks behind this whole survey thing must be one or more of these schools.  I'll have to look back, but I'm pretty sure LSAC doesn't have the number (except possibly indirectly through my Yale application).  intriguing.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2006, 10:12:37 PM »
Is this a breach of some kind of privacy policy?

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
i posted about this awhile ago but no one commented

they kept calling and i ended up getting disconnected in the middle of the survey and no one ever called me back

so i lost the money

oh well

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »
I got the ten dollars and the big packet yesterday.  My schools were:

Harvard
Stanford
Chicago
Virginia
Michigan
GWU
USC

Haven't received teh second call yet, but I want my 25!