Law School Discussion

Poll

Which shools were listed in the mailed paperwork for your "CSOR" / wba research survey?

Yale
5 (12.5%)
Stanford
1 (2.5%)
Harvard
6 (15%)
Penn
1 (2.5%)
Michigan
7 (17.5%)
George Washington
1 (2.5%)
Georgetown
3 (7.5%)
Boalt
1 (2.5%)
University of Washington
1 (2.5%)
USC
2 (5%)
Northwestern
2 (5%)
Columbia
7 (17.5%)
If you need an option added, please post in thread & don't vote yet.
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

"Center for Student Opinion Research" Survey

Re: "Center for Student Opinion Research" Survey
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2006, 10:40:14 AM »
The woman on the phone at WBA just told me that the checks all went out yesterday.

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2006, 11:20:06 AM »
So we can allow a week before rounding up the lynch mob.

Pipe bombing may be a bit much, but are people here familiar with the technique of the black fax?

nukelaw

• Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »
The woman on the phone at WBA just told me that the checks all went out yesterday.

I can confirm this. I received my check in the mail today in the Washington, DC area.

The group is indeed Widener-Burrows & Associates (WBA), Inc.: Marketing & Advertising Research

Yale College Inferno

• New daily nonstop to Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2006, 06:47:39 PM »
Do you think wba has spies on this board, and that if everyone really forgot abotu the checks we would never have received them? But since we started planning pipe bombs and black faxes, we got them immediately? Seems like an awful coincidence  ;)

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »
Those were my thoughts exactly.

SanchoPanzo

• My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 05:28:40 PM »
Got my check today (in Rhode Island)

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »
I just got a call from them today promising to send $10 and the second survey in the mail.

SanchoPanzo

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 04:49:48 PM »
I just got a call from them today promising to send $10 and the second survey in the mail.

Yup. They called me yesterday and talked me into doing another survey. Apparently this one is different from the previous.

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »
good to know the second survey is different.  i did the first and got the $10, however, never received the $25 after completed the second portion.  Now yesterday, they called me at work asking if they could do a survey!  How did they get my work number, which has changed since I applied to schools?  I work for the federal gov't and someone could track it down online, but that seems extreme.  sketch, don't you think?

SanchoPanzo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2006, 09:04:08 PM »
good to know the second survey is different.  i did the first and got the $10, however, never received the $25 after completed the second portion.  Now yesterday, they called me at work asking if they could do a survey!  How did they get my work number, which has changed since I applied to schools?  I work for the federal gov't and someone could track it down online, but that seems extreme.  sketch, don't you think?

Yes. I have a similar story although unlike you I got the $25. Perhaps yours is (or will be) on the way? In any case, my story is similar to yours because this time they called me on my cell phone  when they had previously called my land line.

Now, if I'm not mistaken, they get our numbers from the schools. Did you provide your new work number to one or more of the schools you applied to?