Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: black women/blond hair  (Read 27154 times)

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: black women/blond hair
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2006, 12:22:52 PM »
When I talk to white people: I get the sense that black people with light skin are somehow "more acceptable,"
(e.g. comments such as "you're not that black," or "Oh, are you black?"

When I talk to black people: I get the sense that people with light skin are "less acceptable."
(many comments I have read on BLSD, for example,ethnic ambiguity is boring).
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2006, 12:24:53 PM »

Lol, most of the people I know aren't fat, have good teeth, and skin just as good or better than Alicia Keys's used to be.

The average of people in our peer group and the average of (Black) Americans are two different things.

When I'm rollin' through the hood, I see lots of not-fat, good-teethed, good-skinned sistas ;)  You could turn any one of them into a starlet.  Even though she's white, take Britney Spears as an example.  Would fit right in at my country high school, and she can't even sing.

crazy8

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2006, 12:25:36 PM »

Lol, most of the people I know aren't fat, have good teeth, and skin just as good or better than Alicia Keys's used to be.

The average of people in our peer group and the average of (Black) Americans are two different things.

I agree with Alci...the "average" woman can be transformed into any of those ladies if they had personal trainer, and professional hair/makeup/wardrobe.  Come on KB give black women more credit. Money can work wonders just look at Oprah!

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2006, 12:26:52 PM »

When I'm rollin' through the hood, I see lots of fine sistas ;)  You could turn any one of them into a starlet.  Even though she's white, take Britney Spears as an example.  Would fit right in at my country high school, and she can't even sing.

Interesting. When I roll thru my hood, I see alot of multicolored weaves, either gold teeth or no teeth, and folks who weigh 200+ pounds. New Haven must be different.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

petitschoque

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2006, 12:27:15 PM »
When I talk to white people: I get the sense that black people with light skin are somehow "more acceptable,"
(e.g. comments such as "you're not that black," or "Oh, are you black?"

When I talk to black people: I get the sense that people with light skin are "less acceptable."
(many comments I have read on BLSD, for example,ethnic ambiguity is boring).

Hahahaha don't twist my comment to fit your point. Boring =/= "less acceptable." Find another example.

DJ Shadowolf

• Sr. Citizen
  • DJ Shadowolf- Mixing at JHOP Studios
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:06 PM »
There is an existance of internal racism. I can never forget the day my white high school track coach said we were racist of our selves. He caught us talking about each other in practice
Da Whisles go whoooo

Studying for LSAT Class of the 2- 10.

ONLY THE RED LEADS OTHERS FOLLOW......

George Jefferson²

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:15 PM »
I'm lazy today.  Insert controversial remark here.

lacoste

Good hair means curls and waves
Bad hair means you look like a slave

Damn, that was fukked up lacoste.

wow
Put 'em in yo mouth!

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:52 PM »

When I'm rollin' through the hood, I see lots of fine sistas ;) You could turn any one of them into a starlet. Even though she's white, take Britney Spears as an example. Would fit right in at my country high school, and she can't even sing.

Interesting. When I roll thru my hood, I see alot of multicolored weaves, either gold teeth or no teeth, and folks who weigh 200+ pounds. New Haven must be different.

I spent 4 years in Atlanta, GA.  You cannot tell me that that is all you see when you roll through the hood down there.  If so, I suggest you roll through a different hood ;).

Hybrid Vigor

• Sr. Citizen
  • prestigious
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
Money can work wonders just look at Oprah!

Isn't that what I was saying? I'm saying the difference between Beyonce and your HS Prom Queen (if she was Black, as mine was  :D) is simply economics. The AVERAGE chica - I really think that depends on what you think is the average. Anyone can look BETTER with money but Oprah is not giving Halle Berry any competition.
Die Luft der Freiheit weht

Statistic

• LSD Obsessed
  • I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2006, 12:28:59 PM »

You must live on BET.
Look to the left -- Look to the right