Law School Discussion

Quick Question about powerscore

Quick Question about powerscore
« on: April 24, 2006, 07:47:38 AM »
If I use the powerscore bibles then take the testmaster's review course will i be confused? It's just I really understand the bibles and they are helping me answer the questions faster and easier. The problem is in New Orleans Powerscore only has the weekend course, but Testmasters offers the full course. I could drive to Baton Rouge which is in hour away and take Powerscore if I really want to, but with gas and still being in school I would rather not.

Does anyone know if the taking the Testmasters class after reading the Powerscore bibles will confuse me?
Should I drive an hour away for Powerscore, or will taking the Testmasters class be fine?

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question about powerscore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »
No.

I did the bibles and 2 months of prep. I'm now in a TestMaster's course (it is called Score Perfect here in TX) in preparation for June 12.

Take the Testmaster's course and conserve on gas (and your stress level!)

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 07:37:57 AM »
ok thanks a lot

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
Thanks for that info. I was wondering the same thing, since I'm studying the bibles currently and planning on taking the TM class since it fits with my schedule better than the PS class.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 11:41:41 PM »
What do you guys think about taking both classes too?

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »
No. It is a waste of time and money. There are only so many LSAT practice problems. A good LSAT prep takes questions from past LSAT exams. Powerscore and TM both use real LSAT questions. So if you've done 1000s of problems the TestMasters way, to go and then to the same problems the Powerscore Way (virutally identical) you are wasting your time and money and risk complete burnout.

I'm a full time professional taking TM at night. I do homework every night of the week and I have to come in earlier to work every day to compensate for leaving early a few days a week for the 4 hour class (which ends up being over 4.5 hours because of homework review and running over). I'm exhausted, but I also know that I can't do this after June 12. I have to get back to my life and the equally time-consuming task of selecting programs to apply to and working on those applications.

Do it right by applying yourself and working hard the first time.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 08:02:33 AM »
The issue isn't not working hard the first time... its the fact that I will not be taking the LSAT until Sept and I want to second class to keep everything fresh until test day. Money doesnt matter, and burnout is never an issue with me. I plan on putting 5-600 hours into this prep and I feel that the more practice the better... dispite what anyone else feels.

My original question was about conflict of information.... does anyone think it will be an issue?

juliemccoy

• Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 11:22:36 AM »
There won't be a conflict of information, but you're basically going to be paying for the same material twice. Study on your own for a few months with the powerscore bibles, doing one test each weekend, and then take the testmaster's course. You'll be fine. Save your money for law school.