Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Fordham Class of 2009 -- OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 954 times)

jhcreedon

• View Profile
    • Email
Fordham Class of 2009 -- OFFICIAL THREAD
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:26:59 PM »
This thread is for students who have committed to attending Fordham University School of Law in the Fall 2006 semester, including both part-time and full-time programs.

James Creedon

hrr203

Re: Fordham Class of 2009 -- OFFICIAL THREAD
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 10:43:51 AM »
I think I'll get this started....Count me in for Fordham this fall. I already live in NYC so it was really important for me to stick around for the time being...

If any of you are coming from out of state, feel free to ask housing questions if needed.

ny06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 03:48:32 PM »
I tried to start to start this thread about a week ago, but no one else posted and I was beginning to get worried.  I'm originally from NY but I've lived in Boston for four years, and I'm excited to come back home.  To save on money, I"m thinking about commuting from Astoria/Bayside?  What are everyone else's thoughts on this?  At Admitted Student's Day, most of the students seemed to indicate that a lot of people commute from outside the city.

hrr203

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:31:58 AM »
Though I currently live on the Upper East Side, I used to live in Astoria, a fairly convenient neighborhood that's about a 20-30 minute commute from the school. On the other hand, Bayside, at the other end of Queens County, would be a commute that's a real pain in the a@%. I wouldn't recommend it but to each his own, I suppose.  :-\

LMartinez0205

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 12:56:30 PM »
I'm from Hudson County in NJ, but i'm interested in housing near Fordham.  Anyone know anything about the area because it's highly doubtful that I'll receive Fordham housing.

ny06

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 05:09:14 PM »
For the immediate Lincoln Center area, studios can be found for around $1600, and one bedroom apartments between $2100-$2500.  At least that's what I've found in my initial pricing of the area.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 11:07:38 PM »
I'll be starting in the fall, as well.   

I currently live in Morningside Heights which is sort of the northern edge of the Upper West Side.  It's a quick trip for me on the 1 (I'm still mourning the 9) - usually takes me about 15 minutes to get to Columbus Circle, or I walk on a nice day (a little less than an hour). If anyone is pricing neighborhoods - I pay $1350 for a one bedroom.

hrr203

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 12:13:47 AM »
FWIW, I think anyone who's new to NYC should take a look at the Upper East Side. It's somewhat residential but not nearly as expensive as Midtown or the Village. A one bedroom apt. can be found for $1200 and Fordham even has some graduate housing in the area. Of course, the drawback is that it's somewhat inconveniently located with relation to Fordham but that's a small price to pay for affordable housing IMO.

King Dunson

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:15:05 AM »
I'll probably be class of 2010, so I figure I'll get my foot in the door to collect your advice on professors and outlines during the year.

tobias

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jaray02
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 01:03:41 AM »
FWIW, I think anyone who's new to NYC should take a look at the Upper East Side. It's somewhat residential but not nearly as expensive as Midtown or the Village. A one bedroom apt. can be found for $1200 and Fordham even has some graduate housing in the area. Of course, the drawback is that it's somewhat inconveniently located with relation to Fordham but that's a small price to pay for affordable housing IMO.

I'm interested in where exactly you mean - the only people I know who pay that little on the upper east side live in yorkville or spanish harlem.