Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: roommates or not?  (Read 1684 times)

drama gal

• Sr. Citizen
  • D-Jet
    • View Profile
Re: roommates or not?
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 07:38:36 AM »
i don't even like sharing my space with my pet so another person is not even an option. i'm willing to bet if married couples didn't live together the divorce rate would be much lower  ;) j/k...kinda :)

I tend to agree, I already started weighing that option.  :D
The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply that they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.

Sir James Matthew Barrie

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »
there are things you just don't know or notice about someone until you live with them.

Very true.

I'm going solo for the first time and am psyched about it  :)
I am officially a law school graduate : )

drklahn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »
interesting question... interested to see what current law students would have to say.

i am considering living by myself, but it would be ~$400 more expensive per month.

terralily

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »
I have accepted the fact that to live alone means I will be living in a 400 sq ft apartment...as long as it is all mine...then it is all good :)  I remember living with another person in a 100-150 sqft dorm room.  I will miss the space in my one bedroom but alas that cannot be helped.
Windy City here I come....DePaul it is!!!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=terralily

"V"

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 07:14:53 PM »
400 sq ft studio's aren't that bad. I think living alone is worth the payoff, personally. Not to mention, it seems like most of our time will be spent on campus in the library anyways. I'm also married though, so I've moved SO past those roommate days, I have no desire to repeat my early college days by living with random people who may or may not have habits which will adversely affect my ability to study/relax.

Towlie

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 07:29:45 PM »
I am really, really looking foward to getting a place by myself. I'm getting a studio, but a larger one that is about 600 square feet. I've never lived by myself before, but I think I am really going to enjoy it!

I've had bad experiences with random roomates as my roomate freshman year of college was addicted to meth and coke and also snorted vodka (that was fun to watch, I must say).

moonpie

• Sr. Citizen
  • No it's not mexico
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2006, 07:38:49 PM »
i'm looking forward to living with some of my grad student friends. they are the opposite of law school anal stereotypes, which i think i will need after a while..

lovelovelovenyc

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2006, 07:41:39 PM »
Alone!  Keep in mind that if you are going through your school, you will not have a roommate, but a law school student as a roommate.  I think we have all accepted that law students are a breed apart and often competitive and/or Type A.   :o Of course this is not universal, but god forbid you get stuck with a gunner as your roommate.  Live alone.  For how much you will already be paying, the extra investment is worth it.  As it has been said, living alone is priceless.

OneAppAtATime

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2006, 11:00:33 PM »
Having a roommate equals low GPA
Decision: Toledo (Full Scholarship)

zbttoken

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - hokiegrappler11
    • View Profile
    • My MySpace profile -- I'm such a consumer whore.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 01:40:14 AM »
I second that. 
"Stand for something or fall for anything." -- Malcolm X

"If you find a job that you love, you'll never have to work a day in your life." -- Dr. Christopher Neck (probably taken from some other source).

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42746550