Law School Discussion

NFL Draft Thread

Re: NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 07:53:17 PM »
I am not sure why everybody is so high on Bush, Hes a great prospect, but he doesn't necessarily strike me as a better prospect than say willis mchagee before he f*cked up his leg a couple years ago.

krumanadi

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 08:04:39 PM »
I am not sure why everybody is so high on Bush, Hes a great prospect, but he doesn't necessarily strike me as a better prospect than say willis mchagee before he f*cked up his leg a couple years ago.

He is looked at as a no-miss prospect, who likely will be the next LT...  QB's are a dime a dozen, but top notch RB's are difference makers...

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

He is looked at as a no-miss prospect, who likely will be the next LT...  QB's are a dime a dozen, but top notch RB's are difference makers...

He won't look like the next LT until Houston fixes that god-awful offensive line they have. I personally thought D'Brickishaw Ferguson would fit them best because David Carr regulary gets killed behind that line and Ferguson is likely the next Walter Jones or Jonathan Ogden.

krumanadi

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 08:14:50 PM »

He won't look like the next LT until Houston fixes that god-awful offensive line they have. I personally thought D'Brickishaw Ferguson would fit them best because David Carr regulary gets killed behind that line and Ferguson is likely the next Walter Jones or Jonathan Ogden.

Thats very true.. They also have Dominick Davis who is very good in his own rite.. I think they should trade down to the jets pick and get Williams or Ferguson ... They would make Davis and Carr much more productive..

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2006, 09:00:29 PM »

Thats very true.. They also have Dominick Davis who is very good in his own rite.. I think they should trade down to the jets pick and get Williams or Ferguson ... They would make Davis and Carr much more productive..

Don't count on the TEXANS PASSING ON Bush, they like Bushes in Texas.

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2006, 10:05:46 PM »

I think Vince Young will be better than Michael Vick within a few years.  He has deceptable speed and finds a way to win games.

MV found a way to win games in college too.  He was more successful, spent less time developing in college, and didnt have the luxury of the best OL in the country in front of him.

KillMeNow

• My dream girl...so hot, let's keep the lights on
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 05:04:40 PM »

I think Vince Young will be better than Michael Vick within a few years.  He has deceptable speed and finds a way to win games.

MV found a way to win games in college too.  He was more successful, spent less time developing in college, and didnt have the luxury of the best OL in the country in front of him.

I think Young has more touch on his passes.  I believe I read in another thread that you are an OU fan.  Are you sure your hatred of UT is not clouding your judgment?  I hate UT as much as the next guy, but I do think Young is going to be an awesome QB. 

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 05:20:30 PM »
I am a big fan of DA BEARS.  I don't really have an opinion on who they should draft.  I only hope last season was not a fluke for them.

Yeah right...like top notch QB's are not difference makers and like RB's are not a dime a dozen as well.  I would rather draft the next star QB than the next star RB based simply on shelf life.  Your average RB lasts bwteen 4 and 5 years in the NFL.  QB's usually last longer and suffer fewer injuries than RB's.  In addition, RB's get nicked up and that can slow them down by fractions of a second, which is the difference between being an average player and a "difference maker". 

Besides, QB's touch the ball on pratically every offensive play, whereas even the best RB's do not.  A top notch QB is worth much more to the average NFL team than a top notch RB.  I would rather have a star QB and an average RB on my team any day of the week. 

krumanadi

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 06:12:07 PM »
I am a big fan of DA BEARS.  I don't really have an opinion on who they should draft.  I only hope last season was not a fluke for them.

Yeah right...like top notch QB's are not difference makers and like RB's are not a dime a dozen as well.  I would rather draft the next star QB than the next star RB based simply on shelf life.  Your average RB lasts bwteen 4 and 5 years in the NFL.  QB's usually last longer and suffer fewer injuries than RB's.  In addition, RB's get nicked up and that can slow them down by fractions of a second, which is the difference between being an average player and a "difference maker". 

Besides, QB's touch the ball on pratically every offensive play, whereas even the best RB's do not.  A top notch QB is worth much more to the average NFL team than a top notch RB.  I would rather have a star QB and an average RB on my team any day of the week. 

Absolutely... A QB in general is much more important play to play, and yes, they tend to last longer.  My point was that the difference between a run of the mill QB and a very good one is much less than the difference between an average RB and an LT-like player.  These RB's change the dynamic of the game, and make everyone, including the QB, better.

However none of that means anything without a good O-line...

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 07:15:22 PM »
Look at the injuries of the premier running QB of the league (Michael Vick, D.Mcnabb) vs. the premier rb's of the league.  I doubt qb's last longer when you're talking about the ones who are going to take shots.

I did state that I was an OU fan, I also like Texas Tech and Oregon.  I just had a lot of time to watch Vincent play.  I'd estimate i was at somewhere from 12-18 of his games.  I'm not biasing judgement, some horns are going to be set for the nfl.  I was all behind D.Johnson.  Huff should be a stud too.

VY just posted up and had all day long to throw it this year.  He wasnt impressive aside from scrambling in the previous years.  His "touch" passes were all beach ball throws to TE's because LB's and DE's had to stay in to stop his scrambling.  Sure people will disagree and side on either side of this idea, but the NFL, in my opinion, is going to be too fast for his touch passes and scrambling.