NFL Draft Thread

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
NFL Draft Thread
« on: April 22, 2006, 04:23:04 PM »
1 week til the draft.  If your a lions fan this is the highlight of the year. Let me know your team and your desired choice. 

As I previously stated I'm a lions fan and I'm hoping we take Huff or Hawk or anyone who isn't a WR.

Re: NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
Finally there is a draft thread. In my own pathetic world, I live for draft weekend. Unfortunately I am a Saints fan, so I know we'll find a way to mess up having the second overall pick. I am hoping against hope that the TEXANS are dumb enough to pass on Reggie Bush, but I know they aren't, so I hope the Saints take either Mario Williams or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. We desparately need a tackle, but Williams may be too talented to pass up on.

WarrenG

• Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 04:34:19 PM »
Yeah, I love draft weekend too.  I prefer Ferguson to Williams because he's lower risk and equally rewarding and as a lions fan I like low risk.  Williams could be Peppers with more heart (read as a force never before seen in the NFL) or he could be a bust.  I don't see Ferguson being any worse than good and having a higher possibility of being great.

KillMeNow

• My dream girl...so hot, let's keep the lights on
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 05:15:50 PM »
I love draft weekend.  Everyone, no matter what team you follow, has hope.  I am a Chiefs fan, and they desperately need a cornerback.  This year is pretty deep with cornerbacks (a lot of talented guys, but no one that really blows your socks off), so as long as they get one in the first round, I will be happy.

A few thoughts:

Reggie Bush is a great player and if he doesn't go #1, the Texans will deeply regret choosing someone else.

The Packers are going to suck for years to come.  They really need a quarterback, but they won't draft one because of Aaron Rogers.  I never thought he was that impressive in college (he also played at a juco, which should say something about his natural abilities). 

I think Vince Young will be better than Michael Vick within a few years.  He has deceptable speed and finds a way to win games.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 05:18:54 PM »
My favorite pro team, the redskins don't have a first round pick, so my first round aspirations are for the University of Maryland kids to go high, I would be thrilled to see Vernon Davis go 4, though as long as he makes top 6, he did pretty well for himself, and I would like to see D'Qwell go first round.

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 05:30:58 PM »
I'm hoping that Haloti Ngata or Brodrick Bunkley falls to the Eagles at #14, as either of them would be perfect for the defense. I wouldn't mind Winston Justice either.

My favorite draft memory of course is Bill Tobin's rant against Mel Kiper..."Who the hell is Mel Kiper?!?!?!"

KillMeNow

• My dream girl...so hot, let's keep the lights on
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 05:46:52 PM »
My favorite draft memory of course is Bill Tobin's rant against Mel Kiper..."Who the hell is Mel Kiper?!?!?!"

Yeah, that one is classic.  The whole Peyton Manning vs. Ryan Leaf debate is pretty laughable now, too.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 05:53:51 PM »
LenDale White at 32 or Bobby Carpender

yes i misspelled their name.

Steelers repeat no doubt

krumanadi

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 06:16:11 PM »
Any Jets fans in here?  I'm really hoping they take a quarterback, but I don't think they will.

Im convinced they are going to trade up for Leinart/Bush or down to Cutler.. But who knows.. They ARE the Jets afterall..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98

matts720

• Let's Go Nova!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - matts072083
    • View Profile
    • MySpace profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »
That video is hysterical.