Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: USC Preview Day Reviews  (Read 3498 times)

chillindave

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: USC Preview Day Reviews
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 03:27:27 PM »
Originally from St. Louis.  Have lived in Evanston then Chicago since Fall 2000.

AFever

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2006, 03:49:19 AM »
I was pretty impressed with it, although sad that the only person I met that day who I really liked was a 3L, lol. I'm thinking I might live in Calabassas or something like that because of the boyfriend's future job at Amgen or one of those type places.

P.S. For those who were in the property class, I'm the girl who asked whether all classes were normally as fun and interesting...and probably if you remember that you think I'm a total suck-up, lol. But that totally wasn't my intention, I just don't really believe classes are normally that informal.

PFKing15

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 11:39:17 AM »
Hey,

I'm considering attending USC, but I didn't get a chance to fly out for the preview weekend. If anyone could possibly share some insight as to the size of the classes, accesibility of professors, and how cool the students seemed that'd be great. I could see myself staying in California, but I'd like to go to school that will let me keep my options open so that I can still come back to DC or NYC on the East Coast-- I don't suppose they mentioned anything about that?

Thanks!
In: GW, USC, Miami (24k), Villanova, Temple, American, Brooklyn, Santa Clara, Loyola,
Out: Michigan, Georgetown, UVA, Columbia, BC,  Boalt, UCLA   
Waitlisted: Fordham, Penn, W&L
No Word: Duke, Hastings

asalie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 12:33:32 PM »
Hey,

I'm considering attending USC, but I didn't get a chance to fly out for the preview weekend. If anyone could possibly share some insight as to the size of the classes, accesibility of professors, and how cool the students seemed that'd be great. I could see myself staying in California, but I'd like to go to school that will let me keep my options open so that I can still come back to DC or NYC on the East Coast-- I don't suppose they mentioned anything about that?

Thanks!

Hi there!

Well, to answer your questions. They mentioned that anyone who WANTS to go to NYC or DC hasn't had trouble. Most people (something like 88%) CHOOSE to stay in CA, so don't let that number scare you off. As far as the classes, the current students I talked to said the one really big class they ever had was about 60-70 people. Other than that, most classes are small because the entering class size is only 200 people. The professors all seemed very friendly and very accessible. They mentioned the professors sitting on a dunk dank for a yearly spring celebration. So apparently some of them have senses of humor too.

Both the current students and the other admits (potentially our future classmates) were VERY cool. I have to say they were the most laid back and friendly of all the schools I've visited, so that was a very encouraging sign.

Hope that answers your questions!

chillindave

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »
Yeah seems like no one wants to leave Cali but I'm sure they can.

As far as the people I agree.  They were nice and chill - sooooo diff from some of the other schools I visited.  They also looked better and happier.