Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which would you choose?  (Read 6881 times)

DunkinsFan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which would you choose?
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2005, 07:16:42 PM »
1. Harvard
2. Chicago
3. Michigan
4. Georgetown

SuicideNixon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Which would you choose?
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2005, 08:19:10 PM »
1. Yale-better shot at academia/really high profile stuff than HS, based on percentages
2. Columbia-i like chicago's class size and it does a really great job at getting people into prestigious clerkships and academia. but im from the midwest and i'd like to live in nyc for a time at least. if I decide to not live on the east coast columbia's name has more portability than nyu, I think.
3. michigan-it's at least as good currently as the others and it has the advantage of being the historic #3
4. not sure on this one. i'm worried about boalt falling from the T14. definitely not georgetown-the huge class size, the part time students and its status on the periphery of the T14 makes its JD less valuable than the others, except maybe in DC. top of the class at GT is probably better than top of the class at the others though. Don't think I'd like it at Duke so i'd say it's a tie between Northwestern and Cornell. Northwestern would win on life quality factors, except that it has an older student population and well, I'm young. If I wasn't worried about boalt's status, I'd be Boalt hands down.
When a President does it, that means that it is not illegal. -Richard Nixon

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=SuicideNixon