Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does anyone else hate this limbo?  (Read 1695 times)

pass36

• Sr. Citizen
  • But it looks good on you!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does anyone else hate this limbo?
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 11:55:28 PM »
Orky - congrats on Lewis and Clark!  What did you think of the campus?

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 12:05:55 AM »
Thanks!

I liked the campus a lot! It's not as 'cultivated' as Willamette, which is covered with flowers and creeks etc. But it is very cool and green. Tons of natural light. The students seemed nice too... a great blend of adults. Not as overtly friendly as Willamette, a bit more reserved. They all acted professional. Seattle, however, takes the cake for the professional bit. Most of the people there were dressed up and acted like they were already attorneys. Also a gorgeous law school.
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 12:07:37 AM »
add me to this pile--i hate wailists. it's like "taking a break" from a relationship when you know it's really a breakup. Yet you go through all the motions to keep it together KNOWING it wont' make a difference

i have been writing the same letter of intent for six days and if it's not FedExed in the AM it's not going to make the deadline. It sucks...there isn't a diplomatic way to say "you are my first choice, i have wanted to go to your school since kindergarten" it sounds lame. can I insert a disclaimer that I am not lame??!!!

sorry, i'm bordering on PSYCHOSIS over this letter. this CAN'T be healthy

Just send them this post  :)

Seriously though, good luck with the letter  :-\  Fricking hard to write

Thanks. Perhaps I'll write them a "please take me" letter in crayon. Either they will laugh and let me in, or commit me; it's a 50/50 gamble

Apples and Oranges

• Sr. Citizen
  • My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 12:12:04 AM »
add me to this pile--i hate wailists. it's like "taking a break" from a relationship when you know it's really a breakup. Yet you go through all the motions to keep it together KNOWING it wont' make a difference

i have been writing the same letter of intent for six days and if it's not FedExed in the AM it's not going to make the deadline. It sucks...there isn't a diplomatic way to say "you are my first choice, i have wanted to go to your school since kindergarten" it sounds lame. can I insert a disclaimer that I am not lame??!!!

Greengrl, I totally sympathize... I had to seriously restrain myself from outright begging in my ND letter... Though what I ended up writing about how much I want to go there probably still sounds lame and the chances are slim anyway  :-[ Plus I'm going through mood swings of optimism/pessimism about this...

Don't worry about the 29th thing -- if it gets there monday but you're more satisfied with it, I don't think it will really make a difference. It's really all about knowing we've done all we can do at this point, I guess...

Good luck -- hugs  :)

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 12:14:12 AM »
where u going to LS greengrl?

I'm thinking the crayon scrawled letter indicates she may still be waiting on a decision :)

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 12:18:25 AM »

Greengrl, I totally sympathize... I had to seriously restrain myself from outright begging in my ND letter... Though what I ended up writing about how much I want to go there probably still sounds lame and the chances are slim anyway  :-[ Plus I'm going through mood swings of optimism/pessimism about this...

Don't worry about the 29th thing -- if it gets there monday but you're more satisfied with it, I don't think it will really make a difference. It's really all about knowing we've done all we can do at this point, I guess...

Good luck -- hugs  :)

Good luck to you, Apples and Oranges. I think I'm just too attached to it right now; and its' frustrating to invest so much in something that you aren't sure will even make a difference

hugs back...and here's hoping we'll be classmates as well as colleagues, eh?

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »
where u going to LS greengrl?

I'm thinking the crayon scrawled letter indicates she may still be waiting on a decision :)

Hahah..that's awesome. I'm on my way to Iowa next year, but I'm the waitlist at Notre Dame and it is my dream school so I'm agonizing over my letter of intent.

I'm happy with Iowa, just havin' a hard time letting go of the ND dream

Orky you're still waiting to hear from Case, right? Bender where are you heading?

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 12:31:10 AM »
I love Notre Dame, my sister goes there for undergrad! I would wait for ND :)

Yep, still waiting on Case, Seattle, and Akron for decisions. The only ones that would really affect my decision are Case and Seattle--and they'd better offer me $$ to really affect it. I am totally torn, because I love all the schools I applied to--they all have really unique strengths and campuses. I did some 'pick your top school' software thingies, and they all pointed to L & C-- it was originally my top pick. So Technically I got into my top choice, though I've since started thinking Willamette's DR program is worth foregoing the rank issue. Case is obviously the most highly ranked, but they are slipping. L & C stayed the same, Seattle climbed 2 spots. But anyway. Any advice?

I really hope you get into Notre Dame. It is a great school, and the alums/recognition is worth gold.

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 12:32:04 AM »
what is this "ND's provisional deferral thing"

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2006, 12:39:23 AM »
what is this "ND's provisional deferral thing"

it's a fancy work for a waitlist. Bender, if you're city boy then yeah, south bend would have killed you. 180 people is WAY too small and it's just frustrating b/c there is never a way to know what they are looking for. I will wait until July 1st; then I will be happy with where I'm going and go.

Orky, Case is a great school and although I usually say rankings dont' mean a whole lot I would be cognizant of a drop at case b/c i know for a fact they don't funnel as many funds into the law school as they should. It's just not their focus. If L&C came up roses and you would be happy going there then i say take it! always make sure your career opportunities equal out; that's what i did when looking at my choices.