Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whats the deal with Rutgers Newark Deferrals?  (Read 682 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Whats the deal with Rutgers Newark Deferrals?
« on: April 21, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about Rutgers Newark Deferrals? I thought in early April we would start hearing but according to LSN, no one has heard anything after being deferred...

does anyone have any info on this?
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Whats the deal with Rutgers Newark Deferrals?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »
anyone?
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

newbrunschick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 10:22:08 AM »
My friend who was deferred got an email from Anita Walton yesterday saying they were reviewing some files and hers was pulled and that they were wondering if she was still interested in attending. My friend has already accepted admission somewhere else so she told Rutgers she wasn't interested.

At least they've started to review the deferrals...

however, I was deferred but haven't heard anything yet. That could just be due to my low score though.  :-\

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »
I havent heard anything either and i'm 50/50 to get in... i wonder whats taking so long...
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

newbrunschick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 02:50:37 PM »
I just got an email a little while ago saying they are putting me on the waitlist.. and so late in the game! Ugh, oh well. At least the waitlist is unranked... not that that makes the chances of getting off any better. Looks like I'll have a summer full of wishful thinking (and anxiety attacks).

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll hear something any minute now :)

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:48:18 PM »
I just got an email a little while ago saying they are putting me on the waitlist.. and so late in the game! Ugh, oh well. At least the waitlist is unranked... not that that makes the chances of getting off any better. Looks like I'll have a summer full of wishful thinking (and anxiety attacks).
Good Luck, I'm sure you'll hear something any minute now :)

Thanks for the update.  Do you go to Rutgers in NB now?  That's my alma... graduated this past december.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

newbrunschick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 03:58:53 PM »
I graduated in December too! I love RU and wish they put the law school in New Brunswick. Is RU-Newark your top choice?

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2006, 04:15:42 PM »
I graduated in December too! I love RU and wish they put the law school in New Brunswick. Is RU-Newark your top choice?

Yeah... why did they have to put it in like the two worst cities in New Jersey?  Nobody knows.  RU-Newark isn't my top choice but I will def consider it because every school i've made it into so far is extremely expensive.  Personally, i'm trying to go somewhere warm, as you may be able to tell from my LSN accounts.. 

You know, we may know each other... did you take any poly sci courses?

newbrunschick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 12:08:23 PM »
I am really bummed about this waitlist because I feel like there is no hope.. I haven't seen anyone get accepted off a waitlist (though i'm sure those people do exist). Oh well though, I'll be heading to Albany if this doesn't work out... so much for a warmer climate.

I never took any poli sci courses (believe it or not).. I was a Journalism and Psychology double major.

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »
got the waitlist too but it's cool cuz i'm pretty much settled on Miami or Loyola - who needs the cold anyway?

still tho, enjoy albany haha.  Do you know any Rutgers students from Marlboro, NJ?