Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Save yourself the trouble  (Read 1134 times)

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Save yourself the trouble
« on: April 21, 2006, 04:14:53 PM »
That's right, don't send in any more seat deposits, call the bursar and try to get it refunded.  There is something better to do than to go to law school.  I personaly would rather have an entire football team run a train on my ass than to go to law school.  Classes aren't bad, sometimes boring, sometimes interesting, but EXAMS....
Well F-bomb exams, Is it even possible that I conteplated suicide 4,374 times during my final week (actually that's a low estimate), It is 75 degrees and sunny, yet here I sit locked in my appartment at my desk for the next two straight weeks.  I know what you're thinking, two weeks isn't long.  Well imagine two weeks straight of having your nut sack hairs plucked out one at a time, then after each plucking a midget runs up and kicks you in the shins.  It would be one thing to be studdying for a history, English, math or whatever final for two weeks, that would be tolerable - this is not.  Worst part Civ Pro is the last exam, which basically requires you to memorize ALL of the fed rules of Civ Pro, and thier application, and be abble to spot wich one should be used when in this pile of facts that looks like dream you had after a bad acid trip.  F law school, F exams, F the next two weeks ... save yourself the trouble and quit now - go get an MBA, or PHD in something easy, or maybe just say screw it and work construction.

Dunson II

Re: Save yourself the trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 04:15:43 PM »
"Well imagine two weeks straight of having your nut sack hairs plucked out one at a time, then after each plucking a midget runs up and kicks you in the shins. "

Awesome.  176

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 04:17:40 PM »
That's right, don't send in any more seat deposits, call the bursar and try to get it refunded.  There is something better to do than to go to law school.  I personaly would rather have an entire football team run a train on my ass than to go to law school.  Classes aren't bad, sometimes boring, sometimes interesting, but EXAMS....
Well F-bomb exams, Is it even possible that I conteplated suicide 4,374 times during my final week (actually that's a low estimate), It is 75 degrees and sunny, yet here I sit locked in my appartment at my desk for the next two straight weeks.  I know what you're thinking, two weeks isn't long.  Well imagine two weeks straight of having your nut sack hairs plucked out one at a time, then after each plucking a midget runs up and kicks you in the shins.  It would be one thing to be studdying for a history, English, math or whatever final for two weeks, that would be tolerable - this is not.  Worst part Civ Pro is the last exam, which basically requires you to memorize ALL of the fed rules of Civ Pro, and thier application, and be abble to spot wich one should be used when in this pile of facts that looks like dream you had after a bad acid trip.  F law school, F exams, F the next two weeks ... save yourself the trouble and quit now - go get an MBA, or PHD in something easy, or maybe just say screw it and work construction.

Does someone have an acoustic guitar?  I would like to play kumbaya while someone reads this post aloud. 

Sorry you are having a tough time OP.  At least you have a sense of humor still!

latinlord

• Sr. Citizen
  • ME... Litigating at the Indiana State Court house!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - latinlord
    • View Profile
    • myspace profile, "come and say hello"
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 02:05:02 AM »
ouch man, I hear ya. What school you go to?? So the future students can become aware of the torture that they will have to take. I know it is going to be the most painful situation in the world, but all worth it when I have the opportunity to tell people, "I go to law school" or "I am in XX law School". I say it even now as I prepare my first summer assignment and am reading intro to legal process. I say, "i'm in Law school" and it is all worth it, just to say those 4 words"
Graduated from Indiana Law - Indianapolis!!
Was a 3rd year Visiting Student at Villanova University School of Law.
Graduated from Temple University Beasley School of Law - LL.M in Trial Advocacy Candidate 2010
 Published by Chicano/Latino Law Review of UCLA LAW. & I'm a Licensed Esq. NOW!

Towlie

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:54 AM »
ouch man, I hear ya. What school you go to?? So the future students can become aware of the torture that they will have to take. I know it is going to be the most painful situation in the world, but all worth it when I have the opportunity to tell people, "I go to law school" or "I am in XX law School". I say it even now as I prepare my first summer assignment and am reading intro to legal process. I say, "i'm in Law school" and it is all worth it, just to say those 4 words"

It's kind of funny because I go out of my way not to tell people I'm going to law school! Like people ask and I usually get kind of red in the face when I tell them where I am going. I'm pretty modest and don't like being the center of attention, though, so maybe that's why. But once I tell people it seems that's all they want to talk about with me!

cyberrev

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 05:56:42 PM »
i tell people i'm going to clown college

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:00:11 PM »
am I the only law student that thinks its just not that bad?  I mean yeh studying sucks, but the material is not all that intensely difficult, its just the mass amount of it.  I just look at it this way, at least Im not getting my ass shot up in Iraq or something, now that is a situation that would suck and Id rather have my nut hairs pulled out one by one as was mentioned earlier.  Law school?  Not that bad
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

Dunson II

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 06:01:29 PM »
am I the only law student that thinks its just not that bad?  I mean yeh studying sucks, but the material is not all that intensely difficult, its just the mass amount of it.  I just look at it this way, at least Im not getting my ass shot up in Iraq or something, now that is a situation that would suck and Id rather have my nut hairs pulled out one by one as was mentioned earlier.  Law school?  Not that bad

I'd just like to say thanks.

You are one of the most reasonable posters, glad you stuck around for 1L.  Glad to hear law school is not that bad.

And I hope to be like you as a 1L and help the prelaws out with great posts like this.

Little D

• Sr. Citizen
  • WOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (I'm strictly liable)
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:02:46 PM »
hey man I just keep it real.  And this is just my story, people are different.  I've been around since like Oct. '04, I aint going nowhere :D :D :D
They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Do it now!!!!
http://www.defconamerica.org/

Dunson II

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »
hey man I just keep it real.  And this is just my story, people are different.  I've been around since like Oct. '04, I aint going nowhere :D :D :D

I've been around about as long....that's wild.