Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD  (Read 26057 times)

mto83

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2006, 12:43:55 AM »
Pepperdine's orientation is Wednesday.  I guess everything is relative.  I found out that there are about 500 on Pepperdine's waitlist, and I assume a ton on Hastings and USC's - so I guess we're lucky, if you look at it from that angle...  :-\

You doing ok, mto83?

veganchick, i got to tuscaloosa, al two tuesdays ago. i signed a one year lease. orientation started last friday. today was the first day of class.

i don't think i have any hope. perhaps i will call them tomorrow. hope all is well with you.

How exciting!!!  Do you like your classes?  I have a lot of stress... only slept from 12am-2am and 5am-6am last night... and feel like I'll be up again tonight - not to mention my root canal (2nd appt) went horribly wrong, and the tooth broke.  So I could be better...  Tomorrow is orientation day  - eeeeks.    No rejection letter in the mailbox today, but I'm sure I'll see it before the end of the week...  oh well.  :-[ 

law school is law school. we will make the best of it, right? i can't believe you are starting school with all that stress. i wish you the best of luck!

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2006, 02:12:03 AM »
I have the stress of my tooth X a million other things... oh well.  I'd gladly trade in the stress of life for the stress of law school.  Take me away, golden handcuffs  ;)  I'm READY.  And we will make MORE than the best of it!  ;D  I had a nice time at orientation today...  I'll be ok there.  But I did make one last ditched effort and emailed UCLA one last blurb of intent - but of course, not a peep from their end.  I was going to have a senator call on my behalf too - but was told that they "pride themselves on not taking outside influences" like that and it would backfire...  Besides, my Pep property professor left UCLA 4 years ago, and got teacher of the year... I can just sit and pretend we're both at UCLA, but with a better view  ;D

Well, post now and then, MTO!  I'm hoping your school turns out to be a nice fit  :-*

One day down, 999 to go!  :-\

Pepperdine it is.  I'm a sucker for an ocean view.

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:05 PM »
Nothing in my mailbox - again.  I must say I'm really enjoying orientation at Pepperdine this week.  Everyone is SO supportive... it's kinda nice being at a smaller university  :)

Did ANYONE get pulled off the waitlist this week???  :o  This board is so silent...

ashakouri1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »
I called UCLA about 5 days ago, and they told me that August 21 is the last day they will pull people of the waitlist, if any.

starlyt

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »
Well, there probably will be one spot open for you guys! I just got off the waitlist at Penn and call me crazy but I'm going. Once I get my official acceptance letter, I'll be withdrawing for sure. Good luck!!

Towelie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2006, 07:06:40 PM »
Well, there probably will be one spot open for you guys! I just got off the waitlist at Penn and call me crazy but I'm going. Once I get my official acceptance letter, I'll be withdrawing for sure. Good luck!!

Congrats on your Penn admit! It came down to UCLA vs. Penn for me and I chose Penn, too. You really will love it here. And, I kid you not, Philadelphia is actually a very fun city with lots to do, plenty of bars and resturants, and a ton of culture. I really can't say enough good things and I haven't even started. Once again, congrats!
Penn Law '09

ashakouri1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2006, 01:11:05 AM »

Hasn't UCLA already started classes? So it really doesn't matter if you withdrew or not, Does it?

veganchick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2006, 11:37:47 AM »
No word from UCLA yet for me - neither accepted or rejected.  Best wishes at Penn! ;)

joe_q

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2006, 12:24:21 PM »
i miss la...

mudpies

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2006, 01:04:04 PM »

Hasn't UCLA already started classes? So it really doesn't matter if you withdrew or not, Does it?

Of course it matters that you withdraw. UCLA needs to know that you're no longer a student. I don't think you're crazy for choosing Penn. Good luck and enjoy Philly!
Michigan summer starter