Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD

Re: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2006, 04:25:15 PM »
I'm not positive, but at this point I don't think either an email or call will affect your acceptance one way or another - but would certainly give you peace of mind.  I'd call.  Expect them to be a bit cranky though - at least that's the gist I'm getting from the others who have called post-emailings. And I really don't think whoever answers the phone has any input on the actual admissions committee.  Good luck!  8)

« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »
i would call them asap. in my case they had my correct email address but i never got any emails.  so either you'll get the good news of finding out you're on the short list of possible admits, or they'll fwd you the emal they originally meant to, and you'll have peace of mind.  either way, it cant hurt to call.

I just sent off an e-mail.  I live in Los Angeles, so I handed my waitlist intention directly to UCLA and I was lucky enough for the woman at the counter to give me her business card with e-mail address.  I will also call them tomorrow.

Honestly, either way it goes, I just want to know.  I honestly think I might get an ulcer because of this.  I am not spiritual whatsoever but my girlfriend and I have been praying and I just hope that I can get in to UCLA.

« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2006, 04:30:29 PM »
I'm not positive, but at this point I don't think either an email or call will affect your acceptance one way or another - but would certainly give you peace of mind.  I'd call.  Expect them to be a bit cranky though - at least that's the gist I'm getting from the others who have called post-emailings. And I really don't think whoever answers the phone has any input on the actual admissions committee.  Good luck!  8)

One reason I didn't want to call cause I knew that they were going to be pissy. I called several times and wrote several letters and i know I know there are other people that are way worse that called everyday.

But I think I have a valid point. If they sent me any letters regarding confirmation on the waitlist, than I would be really peed off cause I am pretty sure they have the wrong e-mail according to all the other e-mails people have received.

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2006, 04:50:57 PM »
ashakouri1, where will you end up otherwise?

« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2006, 05:04:12 PM »
and I don't remember where you're going wwl02 if you don't go to UCLA?

« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2006, 05:50:51 PM »
ashakouri1, where will you end up otherwise?

Honestly I wanted to take a year off of school before going to Law School, but applied just the same, saying if I get in to a good school than I will go. So if I don't get in I will probably wait and reapply and work for one year and save for tuition and rent and reapply. And whatever school takes me I will go.

« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2006, 11:43:41 AM »
I just called UCLA and I am still on the waitlist, and that they did send me the e-mail about over-enrollment.

Just curious how many did not receive the over-enrollment letter that have a Gmail account. Because I have been having some problems with gmail and not received e-mail or receiving it days later.

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2006, 11:17:57 AM »
the email they allegedly sent me that i never got was to my undergrad school account, not gmail.

and veganchick, i'm at hastings.

mto83

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Pepperdine's orientation is Wednesday.  I guess everything is relative.  I found out that there are about 500 on Pepperdine's waitlist, and I assume a ton on Hastings and USC's - so I guess we're lucky, if you look at it from that angle...  :-\

You doing ok, mto83?

veganchick, i got to tuscaloosa, al two tuesdays ago. i signed a one year lease. orientation started last friday. today was the first day of class.

i don't think i have any hope. perhaps i will call them tomorrow. hope all is well with you.

« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »
Pepperdine's orientation is Wednesday.  I guess everything is relative.  I found out that there are about 500 on Pepperdine's waitlist, and I assume a ton on Hastings and USC's - so I guess we're lucky, if you look at it from that angle...  :-\

You doing ok, mto83?

veganchick, i got to tuscaloosa, al two tuesdays ago. i signed a one year lease. orientation started last friday. today was the first day of class.

i don't think i have any hope. perhaps i will call them tomorrow. hope all is well with you.

How exciting!!!  Do you like your classes?  I have a lot of stress... only slept from 12am-2am and 5am-6am last night... and feel like I'll be up again tonight - not to mention my root canal (2nd appt) went horribly wrong, and the tooth broke.  So I could be better...  Tomorrow is orientation day  - eeeeks.    No rejection letter in the mailbox today, but I'm sure I'll see it before the end of the week...  oh well.  :-[