Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD

Re: OFFICIAL UCLA WAITLIST THREAD
« Reply #300 on: August 05, 2006, 09:39:15 AM »
I got that email.  :-\ 

I guess it's either time to do something out of the ordinary...  or call it a day. hmmm... ::)

should i be worried that i haven't gotten any emails from them?

Seems like at this point, good news only comes via phone.  But it does seem like you should have received at least one email by now.     :-\  Maybe you could call (or email) to see if they have your correct email address on file  ???  Not sure what to tell ya. 

I bought a new nifty chair and lamp for studying - and I'm all set!  (other than my 1 1/2 hour commute).  So ExCiTeD for school to START!

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 09, 2006, 12:41:06 AM »
so i have gotten no emails from them, so i called and was like "what is up?" and they were all pissily like "didnt you get our email?" and i am like "no" and they verfied that yes, they did have my correct email on file.  and so they sent me the "we are overenrolled" email, which has already been posted here.  so, i guess im not in the magic top 12 or top 50.  kind of a relief at this point.  now i can start looking for apartments.  sigh... i will keep the dream of transfering alive.  (it does still bug me that a few people who got off the ucla waitlist got rejected even from hastings... argh!)

« Reply #302 on: August 09, 2006, 09:53:19 AM »
yep - kinda a relief... I just got my schedule of classes for Pepperdine, and am super excited,  but can sympathize with you - I saw that someone with much lower scores/grades than I got off the UCLA waitlist.  But then I remembered - that for some weird reason, I'm on UCLA's waitlist, yet got flat out rejected from Southwestern  :o  I didn't even want to go there - but the speedy rejection didn't make any sense.  This system is far from flawless.

Best wishes to you in the BEAUTIFUL bay area, if that's where you end up  8)

« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2006, 01:13:10 PM »
...anything?? from anyone??

I've been too scared to call the admissions office ever since the email they sent out..

Orientation is monday for me  :-\

« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2006, 03:33:37 PM »
Not a peep... just eerie silence  :o  I'm just happy I'm relatively content with Pepperdine.  I'm not calling admissions anymore either.   :'( :'( :'(  Thanks for posting though.  It was nice to hear from someone in the same boat. 

Good luck wherever you end up...

gorgonzola

« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »
I have pre-orientation at USC on Monday. There is still no word from UCLA, though I was "under the radar."

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2006, 12:02:53 PM »
Orientation at Hastings is Monday, and so is my appointment to sign a lease on my dream apartment...  sigh... san francisco here i stay...

« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2006, 08:16:58 PM »
Pepperdine's orientation is Wednesday.  I guess everything is relative.  I found out that there are about 500 on Pepperdine's waitlist, and I assume a ton on Hastings and USC's - so I guess we're lucky, if you look at it from that angle...  :-\

You doing ok, mto83?

« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2006, 03:55:01 PM »
It has been a long time since I posted or checked on the Waitlist Thread. I guess I just didn't want to see the bad news.

But I didn't receive any e-mail from UCLA whatsoever. I think the problem might be that I have a "one" at the end of my e-mail and maybe someone put an "L" instead. I have sent out letters to UCLA and hopefully that is why I didn't receive any e-mails, because in all of them I said that I would like to be kept on to the waitlist.
I think over the past two months I might have sent 3-4 letters directly to UCLA.

But I am wondering should I be worried, could I have been taken off of the waitlist because they had a wrong e-mail address?

My last letter was about 3 weeks ago and I am hoping that they would call me and tell me that I am not on the waitlist anymore or something.

I wanted to call them last week but honestly I thought that it was going to be bad news and decided against it.

I don't know should I e-mail them or call them or what?

I am kind of freaking out and pissed at myself for not calling them.

lww02

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2006, 04:22:03 PM »
i would call them asap. in my case they had my correct email address but i never got any emails.  so either you'll get the good news of finding out you're on the short list of possible admits, or they'll fwd you the emal they originally meant to, and you'll have peace of mind.  either way, it cant hurt to call.